Save stray animals. They are the loveliest of all.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
There are so many pet lovers. Everyone likes to adopt breeds and not the stray animals which are homeless. People need to understand the sensitivity and importance of stray animals. Stray animals are cute and adorable. One of the major issue related to stray animals is the increasing number of stray animals.
One of the worst thing about stray animals is that people have the mindsets that stray dogs and cats are harmful, cruel and have no love. Instead they are the one's who love you the most if you show them care and affection.
I still remember that one of the foundation asked me to adopt a kitten (stray). They didn't check his health and I received him. When I received him, I realised that his tail and his nerves( urinary and anal) were numb. I messaged one of the foundation member and informed him about the situation. He wasn't bothered about it and said "WOW, TAKE HIM TO VET". I don't know what made him ' WOW' about the kitten's health. He didn't even bother to hospitalize the kitten. And today the cute little kitten is no more. The foundation is one of the famous foundation and their visions and missions are fake.
Animal rights are:
1. It is the fundamental duty of every citizen of India to have compassion for all living creatures. Article 51A(g).
2. To kill or maim any animal, including stray animals, is a punishable offence. IPC Sections 428 and 429.
3. As per Indian law, street dogs cannot be beaten, killed or driven away or displaced or dislocated, they can only be sterilized in the manner envisaged in the The Animal Birth Control (Dogs) Rules, 2001 enacted under the Indian Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960 (A Central Act), vaccinated, and then returned back to their original locations.
And there myriads of law but none of them are implemented.
Problems that are faced by stray animals:
- In India, no matter how big the constitution is, the animals are not given their rights and are always at the risk of euthanizing.
- The government of India should always conduct a survey regarding the population and growth of stray animals. Though the survey is conducted still the strays are not looked after. There are 30 million stray dogs.
- There are vets or pet food brands who keep camps regarding neutering the animals so as to inhibit the population of stray animals in USA. This concept should be implemented more often in India.
- The dog catchers. The dog catchers of many foundations or animal shelter home are useless. They are not trained and they are precisely to euthanize animals. For example: In my locality they are dogs. Some people called upon the dog catchers who were untrained. They had a dog which was infected with rabies. Eventually we didn't allow them to take our dogs away.
- People have the wrong mindsets of stray animals. Even if you don't feed the stray animals ( especially dogs), they are the one's who will take care of your locality more than the watchman present in the society or the particular locality.
- If a stray animal is hit by car or they have some other injuries or disease, there are very least amount of vet who will do the surgery or treatment for free. For instance: One of the dog in our locality has got some fracture in its leg. None of the vet is ready to do it for free.
- The government of India should make some animal related projects and 'implement' them. One of the main aim of the government should be that every city or town should have atleast one shelter home which works for the strays and they should have all the facilities like: MRI scan, ultrasound or sonography, proper employment or salary for the people working in the shelter home, numerous antibiotics and vets and surgeon support.
- There are foundations where people do not take cats . They only take dogs. Government of India should make shelter homes who care for cats and kittens also. Although they are easy to manage, still the shelter home do not take cats.
- It should be made mandatory in schools to teach children to love animals and not to throw stones. Humanity is one that schools never teach. There should not only be humanity between humans but also animals.
- In India, there are still such small places where the cats are slaughtered to praise the God. Animal slaughtering should be banned in India.
No matter in what condition the dogs and cats are, the animal shelter home should always be ready to have them and treat them with proper medication. Children should be taught that animals are their friends and they should stop throwing stones. Government should provide funds to the vet so that they can improvise stray animal's health. Cats and dogs both are adorable. They need love and attention. They need care and medication. As an Indian citizen and as an individual each one should contribute their love and time to the stray animals and be the one to stop the harsh treatment given to them by people.
Today: S is counting on you
S K needs your help with “Government of India: "Save stray animals. They are the loveliest of all"”. Join S and 1,902 supporters today.