HELP SAVING GIRL CHILD, THE FUTURE MOTHER OF OUR NATION INDIA
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
After witnessing the tragic incidents of rape and murders of girl children and women in our nation we, Sankalp Foundation, have felt that a change in our system is inevitable for the protection of our girl children. Therefore, we took up this signature campaign for the protection of girl children demanding several changes in the educational system and implementation of stringent laws that would ensure the future of girl children in our nation India.
Childhood is the most beautiful and memorable part of life. Children are supposed to enjoy care and protection from their parents, relatives and society at large.
But unfortunately, the future of our children, especially girl children is shattered. They are being terrorized by the ongoing and ever-increasing incidents of sexual abuse, rape and murder in our nation. Despite the development of civilization and modern technological advances, protection of our children still remains a mere dream. It is very sad to observe that in most such cases the threat to children comes from either those they are close to, from their homes or educational institutions. These ongoing issues of rape and murder in our country not only threatening the security of women but also degrading our country’s reputation internationally.
It is a high time for all of us to take a firm stand to protect our girl children. Please stand with Sankalp Foundation to sign your petition for the “Protection of the Girl Child”. The one minute you spend to sign-out this petition can bring a change in our society.
Below are the Demands of Sankalp Foundation, Chandanagar, Hyderabad:
1. Both State and Central Governments must give highest priority for the protection of Girl Children by implementing means and rules of security
2. Schools and colleges must adopt proper curriculum to sensitize children and youth about Sex and Gender Education for which socio-political, cultural and religious elements should not become obstacles.
3. All children must be provided training in self-protection skills, awareness in determining the difference between what is good-touch and what is bad-touch and must be provided training on how, whom and when to report an abuse.
4. All boys must be provided sensitivity training to behave properly with girls.
5. All Child Protection Laws/Acts/policies made by the Government must be taught to children, so all children will be aware of their rights.
6. Appointment of well-trained counselors in all Schools and educational institutions must be made strictly mandatory.
7. Gender roles in families and societies must change from the perception of man as protector and woman as protected to both as equal partners and friends with mutual respect.
8. All parents must also be provided awareness in making their homes abuse-free and child-friendly so little girls and boys can openly and immediately inform to their parents of any abuse they have encountered.
9. Stringent laws and punishments must be implemented to reduce crime-rate against children and Women.
10. The time span between the report of abuse and the right judgement must be significantly reduced, for which Special (Fast-track) Courts must be established to deal with cases of child abuse, rape and murder.
Today: Sankalp Foundation is counting on you
Sankalp Foundation needs your help with “Government of India : HELP SAVING GIRL CHILD, THE FUTURE MOTHER OF OUR NATION INDIA”. Join Sankalp Foundation and 2,209 supporters today.