ABANDON Planning Scheme Amendment C126 for the area known as the Virginia Park Business Centre, 236-262 East Boundary Road, East Bentleigh.
This petition made change with 1,098 supporters!
THE CLOCK IS TICKING! ACT THIS INSTANT TO SAVE EAST BENTLEIGH FROM OVERDEVELOPMENT!
All you have to do is take a moment to sign our online petition, but you have to do it NOW!
WHY YOU SHOULD SIGN OUR PETITION:
The proposal will have a significant and severe impact on the Bentleigh and East Bentleigh Shopping Centres as well as other centres and neighbourhoods in the City of Glen Eira.
In addition, the proposal will include more than 4000 apartments and townhouses, which will place significant strain on local services and roads, exacerbating the peak hour traffic congestion already afflicting the area.
In particular, and in addition to completely changing the face of Bentleigh East, the proposed development will:
- Create traffic chaos in an already congested area (Specifically North rd. and East Boundary Rd)
- Take a large percentage of local small business owners' income
- Place additional strain on already struggling infrastructure
The Amendment is not strategically justified and insufficient information has been provided to warrant such a significant departure from the Council’s current strategic intent for the Virginia Park Business Centre as an industry and employment hub.
Further evidence against the proposed development includes:
- There isn’t a train station at East Bentleigh to support such a massive development
- A proposed minimal strip will connect the two existing parks, as the proposed green open space. This is nowhere near enough to accommodate the existing population plus 4000 additional households
- Lack of enough secondary schools that currently struggle to accommodate the fast growing Bentleigh East population
- Coatesville Primary School is already in full capacity. If approved, the new development that will result from re-zoning the Virginia Park Estate, will bring a massive influx of at least 700 students in the coming 3-7years.
- The proposed development is over-bearing, out-of-scale or out of character with the neighbourhood
Quality employment opportunities should be protected and not lost for essentially just another supermarket development!
With the decision making process already underway WE MUST ACT QUICKLY! I urge you to stand up for local Bentleigh East businesses, families and community members residents and sign our petition RIGHT NOW!
And make sure you share this petition with your friends and family so we get as many signatures as possible as quickly as possible!
Today: Save is counting on you
Save East Bentleigh needs your help with “GLEN EIRA COUNCIL: ABANDON Planning Scheme Amendment C126 for the Virginia Park Business Centre area”. Join Save and 1,097 supporters today.