End the Ontario Faculty strike & force the teachers back to work!
This petition made change with 72 supporters!
The faculty voted to reject an offer by the Colleges, further extending the strike for an undetermined duration. We are now at risk of losing our entire semester. It is growing clear that both sides are not any closer to reaching an agreement.
Considering the following:
- More than half a million students are currently forced outside of classes,
- Students have been forced to miss midterms,
- The students and their unions/associations were not consulted prior, during or after the announcement of the strike by the Union representing the striking faculty,
- Students are forced, against their will from attending classes,
- Students have the most to lose and are being used as pawns,
- This will affect the student-teacher dynamics in the classroom due to built up animosity,
- The strike is interfering with work and travel plans as well as causing potential legal issues and additional costs to international students,
- Considering the Union has a strike fund of $72 million which they are using to play politics at our expense,
- Considering we are now at risk to losing our semester,
We, the 535,000 students demand the following:
- An immediate interference by the Ontario government and Ministry of Advanced Education to put an end to the strike and force the teachers back to class.
- An immediate end to the strike and the return to classes.
It's time the for us, the students, to have a voice in the matter. Especially considering we are the ones set to lose the most.
Put an end to the strike!
#wepaytolearn #endthestrike #standwithstudents
Today: Ontario College Students is counting on you
Ontario College Students needs your help with “End the Ontario Faculty strike & force the teachers back to work!”. Join Ontario College Students and 71 supporters today.