Bring back the ballot paper and stop using EVMs in Elections
This petition had 20,697 supporters
Here are my points regarding my petition & why Ballot Papers are better than EVM:-
- Today in all over the world Ballot paper is the most reliable method for voting.
- Many countries like Japan, US, Germany, Netherlands etc had refused to use EVM.
- After spending close to $75 million on its EVMs, Ireland found them to be so insecure they literally scrapped them.
- If people start believing that EVM are fishy or fraud happening in the election then it's very bad sign for democracy.
- The problems with EVM security have been widely known since the large-scale irregularities in Florida during the 2000 US elections.
- Many countries have moved to get rid of them. In 2006 Dutch TV aired a documentary showing how easy it was to hack the EVMs that were about to be used in their general election. The machines were subsequently withdrawn and the Netherlands went back to paper ballots.
- Ballot papers can’t be hacked like EVMs.
- One can easily change thousand of votes in EVM withing few minutes.
- People can’t complain that our vote gone to other candidates as ballot papers are not virtual.
- Ballot papers method may take few extra time on the day of counting but in India, we already spent months in elections and it happens in several stages so for the sake of transparency we can give some time.
Supreme Court of India had also asked for EC for a plan on EVMs with the paper trail:-
- A bench, comprising Justices Ranjan Gogoi and L Nageshwara Rao ordered: “… we direct the Election Commission to bring on record the approximate time within which the entire system of VVPAT can be introduced, subject to the grant of sanction and release of funds as and when required.”
- “We also request the Solicitor General of India to assist the court in so far as sanction and release of funds is concerned. List the matter after eight weeks,” the bench said.
- News Link - https://goo.gl/knfw7L
You can watch this video (This explanatory video shows EVMs can easily be manipulated)
Youtube Video Link - https://goo.gl/C67am2
Therefore I want from to Election commission of India to stop using EVM and start using Paper Ballot like many countries did.
I appeal every political party & people to raise voice against EVMs.
Today: AK is counting on you
AK Kumar needs your help with “Election Commission of india: Bring back the ballot paper and stop using EVMs in Elections”. Join AK and 20,696 supporters today.