Revised Arizona slow down Move Over Law so it is clearly written
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
ARS. 28-775 E1-2 Arizona's Slow Down Move Over Law.
This seems very loosely written and left open for a broad interpretation
E. If a person who drives a vehicle approaches a stationary vehicle and the stationary vehicle is giving a signal by displaying alternately flashing lights or is displaying warning lights, the person shall do either of the following:
1. If on a highway having at least four lanes with at least two lanes proceeding in the same direction as the approaching vehicle, proceed with due caution and if possible, with due regard to safety and traffic conditions, yield the right-of-way by making a lane change into a lane not adjacent to that of the stationary vehicle.
2. If changing lanes would be impossible or unsafe, proceed with due caution and reduce the speed of the vehicle, maintaining a safe speed for road conditions.
I would like the law to be revised to where it is written clearly and is not left to such a broad interpretation with specific stated actions and specific stated criminal consequences.
Below is an example from the state of Texas which is more specific and clearly written
Texas Code 545.157
(b) On approaching a vehicle described by Subsection (a), an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall:
(1) vacate the lane closest to the vehicle when driving on a highway with two or more lanes traveling in the direction of the vehicle; or
(2) slow to a speed not to exceed:
(A) 20 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit when the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or more; or
(B) five miles per hour when the posted speed limit is less than 25 miles per hour.
(c) A violation of this section is:
(1) a misdemeanor punishable under Section 542.401;
(2) a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of $500 if the violation results in property damage; or
(3) a Class B misdemeanor if the violation results in bodily injury.
Please join me in strengthening Arizona slow down move over law
Today: Tony is counting on you
Tony Clay needs your help with “Doug Ducey: I'm in Arizona slow down Move Over Law so it is more clearly written”. Join Tony and 456 supporters today.