Create a World of Possibilities: Speak Up for Girls’ Education
This petition had 2,645 supporters
Join us as we stand up—and speak up—for girls’ education around the world by pledging and sharing your support.
The most powerful message a girl can receive is there are no limits to what she can pursue. Regardless of what problems she wants to solve when she grows up, she needs to know nothing stands in her way. Girls’ schools send that message to girls every day as places where girls and their unique capabilities are embraced for what they are rather than limited by what society expects them to be.
Educators play a critical role in empowering girls with the tools and an informed perspective to reach their full potential and become influential contributors and leaders in our complex, changing world. As a global community of educators, parents, students, alumnae, and advocates committed to the education and healthy development of girls and young women, together we:
- Inspire the next generation of girls to lead with courage, competence, and empathy.
- Engage the power of many voices to strengthen our schools, communities, and world.
- Collaborate globally with individuals, schools, and organizations to advance girls’ education, bringing greater value to our students.
- Challenge limits so girls will imagine and explore new possibilities.
- Cultivate a deep respect for the intellectual strength and impact of girls.
- Empower girls to find and use their voices.
- Promote life-long education, independent thinking, and understanding for global perspectives.
- Prepare girls for lives of commitment, confidence, contribution, and fulfillment.
Sign this pledge today! It is a call to action to awaken the world to the importance of empowering girls through a single, inalienable right: access to a quality education.
About the Global Forum on Girls’ Education® II
Nearly 1,000 educators, researchers, advocates, and authors from 23 countries came together in 2016 for the first-ever Global Forum on Girls' Education®. What began as an exchange of best practices for teaching girls became much more significant—it signaled the start of a movement.
The National Coalition of Girls' Schools (NCGS) and its strategic partners from across the globe are eager to take the next step in making our voices heard and for educators at girls’ schools to lead this conversation. Join us as we stand up—and speak up—for girls everywhere at the Global Forum on Girls' Education® II, June 18-20, 2018, in Washington, DC.
NCGS is the leading advocate for girls' schools, connecting and collaborating globally with individuals, schools, and organizations dedicated to educating and empowering girls. Our Global Forum on Girls’ Education® II strategic partners include:
- Alliance of Girls' Schools Australasia (Australia and Asia)
- The Association of Boarding Schools (Global)
- Association of State Girls' Schools (UK)
- Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (Canada)
- European Association of Single-Sex Education (Europe)
- Girls' Day School Trust (UK)
- Girls Prep (US)
- Girls' Schools Association (UK)
- Global Education Benchmark Group (Global)
- Margret Pála Schools (Iceland)
- Network of Sacred Heart Schools (Global)
- Philippine Alliance for Girls’ Education (Philippines)
- Red ALCED (Latin America)
- Round Square (Global)
- Young Women's Preparatory Network (US)
Today: National Coalition of Girls' Schools is counting on you
National Coalition of Girls' Schools needs your help with “Create a World of Possibilities: Speak Up for Girls’ Education”. Join National Coalition of Girls' Schools and 2,644 supporters today.