Call to action: New York Art Workers Support #CancelRent
Mar 25, 2020 —
Thank you for adding your signature to our petition. As you may be aware, Michael Gianaris, the Deputy Majority Leader of the New York State Senate has introduced Senate bill S8125 to cancel rent for residential and commercial tenants in New York for 90 days.
With April 1st quickly approaching, we have decided to focus our attention on this aspect of our petition, and call on our supporters to help mount pressure on our elected officials to pass bill S8125. Join us in emailing, calling, and tweeting your local representative and the Governor of New York to ask them to support Senate bill S8125.
- Start by endorsing the bill at it’s official page on the New York State Senate homepage: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/S8125
- Find where the page reads “DO YOU SUPPORT THIS BILL?”
- Click “AYE” and fill out the required fields.
- In the field that reads “Include a custom message for your Senator?” We encourage you to ask that this bill suspend rent for all individuals and groups paying rent in New York.
If you live in New York and want to take additional steps to help get this bill passed, take these steps to email your representative:
- Identify your State Senator at http://www.mygovnyc.org/ Type in your address and click on the “State” tab.
- Use the email listed under your NYS STATE SENATE member to send this email:
- Email Subject: I Support Bill S8125
- Email Message: My name is <your name>. I live at <your address>. I am calling on you to support Senate bill S8125 that Michael Gianaris proposed to cancel rent for both residential and commercial tenants for 90 days.
If you want to go further or if you live outside of New York and want to help get this bill passed, take these steps to contact New York Governor Cuomo:
- Visit https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form
- Fill out the form. Copy and paste the information below in the subject and message fields
- Subject: I Support Bill S8125
- Message: I am calling on you to support Senate bill S8125 that Michael Gianaris proposed to cancel rent for both residential and commercial tenants for 90 days.
New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA)
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly