Major television outlets of Australia- Tell the Truth
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
The Australian media must meet its crucial moral duty to tell the full truth on the climate and ecological emergency.
News Corporation Australia is one of Australia's largest media conglomerates, employing more than 8,000 people nationwide and 3,000 journalists.
7NEWS claims it "is the all-new home for Australia’s most trusted source of news. You’ll find breaking news, sport and lifestyle content, plus the best from our public affairs shows."
Nine news states it is the "national news network of Australia."
10 news states it "covers the latest National news".
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation states it is "Australia's national broadcaster".
If this were the case, why are the largest mainstream news outlets not accurately covering the current state of the global climate crisis?
The climate crisis must become the corporations editorial and corporate priority by adoption of a climate emergency strategic plan, at the level of urgency placed on informing the public about the second world war. Without the media communicating the scale of the emergency to the public,the public will continue to be ill informed.
Without timely and factual reporting of the crisis, the general public will not be informed enough to put the required pressure on the government to demand protective and urgent action for all citizens of Australia.
As all corporations are respected media voices in Australia, there is a social obligation to play a key role in enabling the transformative change needed.
How can they achieve this?
1. The chairman of News Corp,. Australasia- Michael Miller, Seven media- Kerry Stokes, chairman of Nine Entertainment Co. -Peter Costello, chairman of the ABC Ita Buttrose and chairman of 10 Network Holdings chairman- David Gordon agree to a meeting with a delegation from the Australian climate council to discuss how the news programs can tell the full truth on the climate and ecological emergency. The Climate Council is an Australian independent non-profit organisation formed to provide independent, authoritative climate change information to the Australian public.
2. The channels declare a climate and ecological emergency.
3. The corporations places the climate emergency as its top editorial and corporate priority by adoption of a climate emergency strategic plan, at the level of urgency placed on informing the public about the second world war.
4. The corporations to divest all pension funds, investments and bank accounts from fossil fuel corporations and their bankers.
5. The corporations, it's its subsidiaries and its supply chain to agree to be zero-carbon by 2025.
6. The corporations to publish an annual eco-audit of all network operations, including summary of key ecological and carbon data.
7. The corporations to take a lead on encouraging other national and global media corporations to join the global efforts to save humanity/nature from existential crises.
8. The corporations to only allow thinktank spokespersons on air to discuss the climate emergency whose funding is fully transparent.
Which corporation will show the leadership and courage so sorely required through this frightening era? We all must demand leadership in order to create a world that is fit for generations to come.
The media is essential in communicating current and correct news to it's people.We cannot do this without their support, reach and technology.
Michael, Kerry, Peter, Ita and David- Australia needs you.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!