Grant Bristol Dance Centre a lease extension and recover its evening parking.
This petition had 1,590 supporters
It's now or never for Bristol Community Dance Centre!
The Council has refused our lease extension request in the full knowledge that this decision will bring about the Centre’s demise and leave a gap in the City’s dance provision.
We request a re-think now:
- That the Council grants Bristol Dance Centre a three year lease extension so Bristol Dance Centre can fundraise and develop a Community Ownership and Management of an Asset (COMA) application. A Dance House for Bristol (as per visualisation of approved plans, pictured).
- The reinstatement of our former evening parking via a single yellow line, which for the previous 35 years had enabled up to 1,000 attendances per week. Class ticket sales are vital to the Centre's independent trading.
We very much value your community support for over 38 years. Please sign for a lease of life for Bristol Community Dance Centre and please sign now. Thank you.
Please feel free to email as well. Tell Bristol City Council
- How much you value the Centre and do not wish to see it close.
- That you support the reinstatement of the single yellow line outside the premises in order to attend the Centre's classes and activities.
- How much you support the idea of the Council gifting the former Jacobs Wells Baths to the community as a Dance House asset for Bristol, owned and managed by the communities it serves via the COMA programme.
Today: Alan is counting on you
Alan Roberts needs your help with “Bristol City Council, Mayor George Ferguson, Assistant Mayor Simon Cook: Grant Bristol Dance Centre a lease extension and recover its evening parking.”. Join Alan and 1,589 supporters today.