Protect Migrant Children & Families
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Over the past few months, coloured immigrant families have been harassed by ICE. America used to be the country where others who were less fortunate could come here for a better chance at life. America, the country who was built by immigrants seeking a better life. They are not here to steal our tax dollars, they are not here to steal our jobs. Every time you drink wine or eat grapes, remember that a Mexican migrant worker made that wine and picked those grapes in a sizzling California valley only making in a week what the average U.S. citizen makes in a day worth of work. They are not fleeing from their home countries by the droves just for giggles. The parents that bring their children over are only looking for a better quality of life for their family. Ripping children away from their parents and vice versa, rounding them up like vermin and shipping them off to god knows where is not making America great again, I can only liken this to all of the stories about the holocaust that I've learned in class.
Here is what needs to happen to keep immigrant families together:
- Hold Jeff sessions accountable for allowing ICE to separate children from their parents.
- Make it easier for immigrant families crossing the border to become citizens.
- Make tighter regulations on who ICE can release immigrant children to.
- Cite ICE Agents & Employees for child abuse,reckless endangerment of a minor, and trying to obstruct evidence
- No longer allow ICE to detain immigrants unless they are an active threat (ie: drug dealer, gang member, pedophile, rapist)
This is not what America stands for and we are all in this together, immigrants are the foundation of this country, and are people just like you, me, and the next person down the street. They're humans and they deserve to be treated as such.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
Today: Angie is counting on you
Angie Hanley needs your help with “Bernie Sanders: Protect Migrant Children & Families”. Join Angie and 50 supporters today.