Allow American Farmers to Grow Industrial Hemp
0 have signed. Let’s get to 150,000!
In 1985, my dad, Willie Nelson, helped organize Farm Aid, a benefit concert for America's family farmers. He's always been dedicated to helping farmers and the environment -- something he's passed on to his children. One of the most important issues for us is allowing farmers to grow industrial hemp -- something that's still not completely legal in the United States.
It is nuts that I can walk into my local health food store and purchase a variety of healthy hemp foods but it is not legal for most American farmers to grow and sell this amazing crop. It is time to allow American farmers to grow this sustainable and extremely useful plant, bring back economic vitality to our rural communities, and help rebuild our depleted soils.
- Enable American farmers to freely import seeds from outside the U.S. to grow millions of acres of American hemp without a need for pesticides or herbicides and using 1/3 the water needed for corn.
- Help America rebuild a multi-faceted industry which would generate tens of thousands of jobs for rural farmers and middle income businesses.
- Eliminate the confusion between marijuana and hemp and clarify the myriad of beneficial uses of industrial hemp.
- Clear up the conflicting legal status around the use and sale of products made from hemp extractions.
- End the restrictions surrounding the transportation of seeds and live plants across state boundaries.
- Remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
Thank you very much for your support. - Micah Nelson
Today: Micah Nelson with Hemp for Victory is counting on you
Micah Nelson with Hemp for Victory needs your help with “Allow American Farmers to Grow Industrial Hemp”. Join Micah Nelson with Hemp for Victory and 108,221 supporters today.