Say NO to Airport Runway Extension in Zionsville!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The Indianapolis Executive Airport has proposed a plan to extend their runway by over 27%. The proposed project would extend the runway to 7,000 feet, longer than any runway at the Chicago Midway International Airport. This change would enable large aircraft to use our rural airport, causing many issues for the residents of Zionsville living near the airport. If you don’t want this to happen, you need to join your neighbors and act NOW!
There are many potential impacts on our community from this proposed project:
Increased safety risks
o The Zionsville Union Elementary School is directly under the southern flight path of the Indianapolis Executive Airport.
o There are several neighborhoods and hundreds of homes located around the Indianapolis Executive Airport and subject to constant air traffic.
o There continues to be safety incidents tied to the air traffic in the area. In 2016 there was a plane that crashed a mile away from the airport in a field. In 2017 there has already been a plane that has run off the runway.
Reduced property values
o More air traffic from larger and louder planes will significantly impact the attractiveness of living in our area. This will substantially impact the value of your home!
Exposure to additional noise and air pollution
o There are many studies that have demonstrated the negative impact of noise and air pollution from air traffic. Enabling larger jets to access our small rural airport will dramatically increase these impacts on our families.
What can you do?
· Sign this online petition to ask the Zionsville Town Council to act to block this proposed runway extension.
· Contact your neighborhood HOA and ask that they take action! They are responsible for acting on the behalf of homeowners in your neighborhood, so if you have concerns be sure to raise them.
· Write a letter to the Town Council and submit to : Town Council Members, c/o Town Hall, 110 West Oak Street, Zionsville, IN 46077. They are the final decision makers on the plans for our city, so they need to understand your concerns!
· Email the Zionsville Town Council members. Again, they need to hear your concerns! The listing of the Town Council members with information on the email addresses can be found at: http://www.zionsville-in.gov/339/Town-Council .
· Attend upcoming Town Council meetings to voice your concerns regarding the proposal. If the Town Council doesn’t hear from you, they won’t understand our concerns! The Town Council meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at Zionsville Town Hall.
· Discuss your concerns with your neighbors and friends. We’ll need to join together to create enough noise to force the Town Council to act on our behalf.
Today: Concerned Citizens is counting on you
Concerned Citizens of Zionsville needs your help with “Zionsville Town Council: Say NO to Airport Runway Extension in Zionsville!”. Join Concerned Citizens and 235 supporters today.