Fund the Warburton Mountain Bike Destination Project
This petition made change with 2,600 supporters!
WARBURTON MOUNTAIN BIKE DESTINATION
"Constructing an accessible and sustainable world class trail destination that immerses you in the natural beauty of the Yarra Ranges"
Work is currently underway to plan and build a world class mountain biking hub in and near Warburton. The proposed network would see 100+ kilometers of new mountain biking trails completed.
- Including 'Drop a K' 36 km of epic wilderness riding starting at Mt. Donna Buang with a 1000 m vertical descent to Warburton.
- IMBA gold status - Trails built to the highest IMBA standards for riders of all levels that can be ridden all year!
- Economy boost - 122 new jobs, 2.5% benefit cost ratio, $20 million in economic spend.
The Mountain Bike Trails Will:
- Revitalise Warburton, encouraging new business, attracting visitors and tourism activity, directly stimulating the local economy and creating local jobs for locals
- Provide strong physical and mental health and well-being benefits for the Yarra Ranges and Victorian community
- Allow for a review and closure of illegal trails currently in the area on public land, leading to environment rehabilitation
- Enable a stronger community connection with the environment and promote increased involvement in volunteer programs
- Complement other community infrastructure such as the Warburton Community Recreation Precinct
- Draw new visitors to Warburton, as well as increasing the length of stay by offering a new visitor activity.
Today: Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers is counting on you
Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers needs your help with “Yarra Ranges Council: Support The Warburton Mountain Bike Destination project & Yarra Ranges MTBers Club”. Join Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers and 2,599 supporters today.