- Mandy CepedaSenior Manager of Community Development, Wyoming Medical Center
- Vickie DiamondPresident & CEO, Wyoming Medical Center
- Julie Cann-TaylorChief Operating Officer & Senior Vice President of Patient Care Services, Wyoming Medical Center
- PATIENT CARE OR SAFETYWyoming Medical Center
- GENERAL INQUIRIESWyoming Medical Center
Wyoming Medical Center: Allow women to have VBACs without giving up their rights.
Women should have supported choices in their healthcare. Help support the women of Wyoming in having a voice about their labor and delivery experiences in Casper!
Despite updated VBAC guidelines from the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Wyoming Medical Center policy dictates that any woman who has undergone a C-section in the past be forced to have a repeat C-section. If a woman chooses to proceed with a VBAC, she must waive numerous rights and privileges, including access to an epidural and several labor & delivery resources that would normally be available to her.
"The College says that restrictive VBAC policies should not be used to force women to undergo a repeat cesarean delivery against their will..."
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Visit http://vbaccasper.org/ for more information.
- Senior Manager of Community Development, Wyoming Medical Center
- President & CEO, Wyoming Medical Center
- Chief Operating Officer & Senior Vice President of Patient Care Services, Wyoming Medical Center
- Wyoming Medical Center
PATIENT CARE OR SAFETY
- Wyoming Medical Center
We, as childbearing age women, along with those who love and support us encourage Wyoming Medical Center in Casper, WY to update their VBAC policies to meet their vision of “providing Wyoming’s premier healthcare services and the best patient experience tailored to individual needs;” and their mission of “striving to advance the health and wellness of our community by providing excellent healthcare services.” In addition, safe and supported VBACs are offered at Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie, WY and at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center in Cheyenne, WY. Epidurals and all other labor and delivery privileges are also offered to every woman at Memorial Hospital of Converse County in Douglas, WY despite past birth experiences. It is time for the leading medical center in the region to embrace relevant medical research and best practices. Allow safe and supported VBACs at the Wyoming Medical Center and offer all labor and delivery privileges such as epidurals to the VBAC women of Casper.
Sara McCarthy started this petition with a single signature, and now has 793 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.