Boycott Sochi Olympics over Human Rights violations by Putin's regime
This petition had 297 supporters
Herewith we, the undersigned, express our outrage at antihuman, antidemocratic, homophobic policies, acts and politically motivated court cases by Vladimir Putin's regime in his third presidential term, most importantly:
- Arrest, death in custody and posthumous prosecution of Sergei Magnitsky, the Russian lawyer who investigated and exposed a $230m governmental corruption case.
- Two-year prison camp term for members of Pussy Riot music band, both young mothers, sentenced for singing an anti-Putin song in church.
- The law banning Americans from adopting Russian children, depriving them of hopes for a better life.
- A series of anti-gay laws, including banned adoption of Russian children by foreign same-sex couples and unmarried individuals in countries where same-sex marriage is legal.
- Politically motivated criminal prosecution of twenty-seven random participants of the anti-regime Bolotnaya square demonstration on May 6, 2012.
- July 18, 2013 conviction of the most prominent Russian opposition leader and anti-corruption campaigner Alexey Navalny to 5 years of prison camp in another staged, politically motivated case.
We urge world governments and individuals to take a stand for Human Rights and protest against Russia's continuous grievous violations by boycotting 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
The boycott is furthermore justified by credible public reports of unprecedented multi-billion dollar corruption surrounding preparations for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, the most expensive Olympics in history.
Petition to the US Administration: http://wh.gov/lCcZD
Today: Alissa is counting on you
Alissa Nedossekina needs your help with “World Governments and Leaders: Boycott Sochi Olympics over Human Rights violations by Putin's regime”. Join Alissa and 296 supporters today.