Winter Olympics in Sochi 2014: Boycott Sochi winter olympics 2014 in Sochi , land of Circassian Genocide
Jordanian Association of Caucasus Circassian Friends
Circassian Nationalist Movement
Members of the Circassian Nationalist Movement(CNM) affirm their adherence to the Olympic Movement's charter, appreciate its goals and missions, which are summarized as follow: "The Olympic Charter exalts a philosophy of life that seeks to use sport to communicate positive values of peace and understanding between nations and individuals." Olympism is a philosophy of life exalting and combining in a balanced whole the qualities of body, will and mind. Blending sport with culture and education seeking to create a way of life based on the fun effort and respect for Global Ethics, and the development of sport in the service of the harmonious development and the promotion of a peaceful society concerned to preserve on human dignity." and the call to oppose any political or commercial abuse of sport and athletes.
the Circassian Nationalist Movement also wishes to refer to the text of Article 1.5 of the By-law Rule 33, which stipulates " Each applicant city has the obligation to comply with the Olympic Charter and with any other regulations or requirements issued by the IOC Executive Board".
Has the Olympic Committee confirmed the facts pertaining to the status of Sochi whether or not it's a Russian territory or an occupied Circassian territory? as it was also admitted recently by Mr. Aleksandr Zhuravsky from the Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian federation in his letter responding to Mr.Adam Shoaib Boghos president of the Circassian Congress of the Circassian autonomous Republic of Adygea, as well as the fact that the Russian government refusal to allow any Circassian participation not even symbolically, in the Olympic event to be held on their occupied historical land, led to a heated debate and caused resentment among the Circassians living in the three autonomous Circassian Republics as well as in the Diaspora.
Your Highnesses and Excellencies.
We sincerely hope that you would find it in your heart to reexamine the truth about the undeniable historical facts about the city of Sochi, which will host the Winter Olympics in 2014.
The indigenous land owners (Circassians) are currently living in three artificially established autonomous republics in the Russian Federation; they speak one tongue; they number 700,000 people; the date of the Sochi Olympics in 2014 falls on the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary marking the displacement of the Circassian nation;
We would like to make it clear that the Circassian people lost more than a million souls over a hundred years in defense of their historical territory, and several Circassian tribes became extinct like the tribes of Mequash, Natuhay, Zhaney and Ubyh, plus the displacement and expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Circassians to the Ottoman Empire through the port city of Sochi in particular, and the last battle of the Circassians - Russians war which lasted for a hundred and one years took place within the Circassian territory of Sochi, and the fact that Sochi is the last stronghold that had fallen into the hands of Russia, and as a result of that 90% of the Circassian nation was displaced living outside their historical homeland of Circassia, leaving only 10% in the homeland.
We at the Circassian Nationalist Movement, descendants of displaced Circassians urge you and appeal to all Olympic Committees to reconsider holding the Sochi Olympics in Krasnaya - Polyana in Sochi over the remains of our ancestors and those who died defending the freedom and the human dignity of the Circassian nation which you advocate in your Olympic charter and its provisions.
Circassian Nationalist Movement
- International & national Olympic committees
Boycott Sochi winter olympics 2014 in Sochi , land of Circassian Genocide
JACCF\ Circassian national movement started this petition with a single signature, and now has 680 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: JACCF\ Circassian national movement is counting on you
JACCF\ Circassian national movement needs your help with “Winter Olympics in Sochi 2014: Boycott Sochi winter olympics 2014 in Sochi , land of Circassian Genocide”. Join JACCF\ Circassian national movement and 679 supporters today.