Waupun prisoners begin "Food Refusal" to Protest Solitary Torture
This petition had 286 supporters
Dying to Live
Announcing a Human Rights Campaign at Waupun Correctional Institution starting June 10, 2016.
Prisoners in Waupun's long term solitary confinement units will start a food refusal action called “Dying to Live” to demand an end to solitary torture in Wisconsin prisons.
THE WHY: In the state of Wisconsin over a hundred prisoners are in the long term solitary confinement Units a.k.a. administrative confinement (AC). Some have been in isolation for 18 to 29 years concurrently.
The Problem: The U.N., several states, and even President Obama have come out against this kind of confinement, citing the torturous effect it has on prisoners.
The objective: Stop the torturous use of long term solitary confinement (A.C.) Here are our demands:
1) Place a legislative cap on the use of long term solitary confinement (A.C.)
2) DOC and WIS legislators must adopt/come into Compliance with the U.N. Mandela Rules on the use of solitary confinement.
3) Form and implement an Oversight Board/committee Independent of DOC to stop abuse and over-classification of prisoners to “short” and “long” term confinement.
4) Immediately transition and release prisoners who have been on the long term solitary confinement units for more than a year in the Wisconsin DOC to less restrictive housing.
5 ) Ensure proper mental health facilities and treatment of “short“ and “long” term solitary confinement prisoners.
6) Instigate an immediate FBI investigation into the mind control programs being used in the system. We believe these exist to break and recondition anyone they consider a threat to their regiment. All mind control programs aimed at dehumanizing prisoners under the guise of “mental therapy” must be investigated and stopped.*
Here is a links to an article on mind control programs in our prisons:
For more information on AC, including the Mandela Rules, to read AC prisoners profiles and writings by AC prisoners, and much more, go to www.solitarytorture.blogspot.com and from there you can browse other prison issues.
To contact us, email email@example.com
Today: Prison Forum is counting on you
Prison Forum needs your help with “WI DOC Secretary Jon Litscher: Waupun prisoners begin "Food Refusal" to Protest Solitary Torture”. Join Prison Forum and 285 supporters today.