Petition updateWhat are you thinking? Renew Hannibal.Mads Mikkelsen Talks About Possibility of Season 4 of Hannibal
Carlos MazalParkland, FL, United States
Dec 9, 2015
"Of continuing into a fourth season, Mikkelsen, who played the titular cannibal, said that if the opportunity presented itself the cast and crew are definitely in. He said that creator Bryan Fuller (the unsung hero of television with credits like Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me to his name) had already thrown around a couple ideas for the beginning of a new season. In terms of the format, Mikkelsen would rather see a full season than a wrap-up movie. “I think the way that we’ve worked so far has been thriving on the pace that we had,” he said. “We did not have to tell stories really fast or develop characters really fast. It could have its own pace, and I think that suits the show tremendously. I have a hard time seeing a film that could wrap that up, but never say never. As a magician, [Fuller] might pull that out of his sleeve.” Despite the cancellation due to poor ratings, Mikkelsen still sees the show as a success—which it was critically and among viewers—saying, “But having said that, the success for me was that I am very proud of it. I haven’t seen anything on television that looked like that or felt like that, or where the actors had freedom like that.”
Copy link
WhatsApp
Facebook
Nextdoor
Email
X