Support Mountain Biking in City Parks Master Plan!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
SUPPORT MOUNTAIN BIKING IN SANTA CRUZ CITY PARKS MASTER PLAN
Sign this petition to show the Santa Cruz City Council that you support creating more mountain bike access in Santa Cruz!
I support creating more mountain biking access in City of Santa Cruz Parks and Open Spaces. The City Parks Master Plan Draft acknowledges the need for more mountain bike access and outlines potential opportunities for exploration. These recommendations were developed by Parks and Recreation staff and recommended for adoption by Council by the Parks and Recreation Commission at their 6/12/17 meeting. Please include these recommendations in final plan. Staff’s recommendations include:
DIRECTIONAL MOUNTAIN BIKE SPECIFIC TRAILS
- Pogonip: Add a separate downhill mountain bike trail with unique features and obstacles
- Delaveaga Park: Separate, downhill mountain biking facility or skill building area
MORE MOUNTAIN BIKE ACCESS & CONNECTIONS
- Link Harvey West Park to Emma McCrary Trail
- Create a multi-use trail along Glen Coolidge Drive to connect Spring Street to UCSC and the U-Con Trail
- Allow mountain bike use on the remainder of the Rincon Trail, from the U-Con trail intersection to Glen Coolidge Drive
- Expand the multi-use trail network in Delaveaga and improve connectivity throughout the park, utilizing existing fire roads and ad-hoc trails
Today: Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz is counting on you
Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz needs your help with “Want More Trails? Sign This Petition!”. Join Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz and 1,625 supporters today.