Stop plans to build a Supercenter in Valrico, Florida
This petition had 1,357 supporters
How this new BIG BOX and Apartment Complex affects us all:
1) Increased traffic delays and accidents in the already congested intersection of Bloomingdale and Lithia Pinecrest.
2) Decreased property value for residents of Bloomingdale area.
3) Increased noise and light pollution
4) Small businesses in the area will suffer tremendously
5) No demand for this type of retail in the area. There are already 3 Walmart locations within a 5 mile radius of the proposed building site.
6) We have an overabundance of already developed, vacant real estate from failed grocery chains that could be re-designed into a Walmart instead of developing on the scarce amount of vacant land still left in this area. Not to mention, that if this goes through, Walmart will be adding to this number with the store they will be vacating on Bloomingdale.
7) Increase in criminal activity in the area is likely with this store.
8)OUR CHILDREN'S SAFETY! The Big Box and additional 260+ apartments with 13,000 more cars a day will add to our already overcapacity Bloomingdale High School and Alafia Elem. making it very dangerous for our children and adolescents, to commute safely, by walking and driving to school, the library, YMCA and baseball field complex. ALL are within a 1/2 mile of the proposed bldg. site.
Today: Dawn is counting on you
Dawn McGovern needs your help with “Walmart: Stop plans to build a Supercenter in Valrico, Florida”. Join Dawn and 1,356 supporters today.