STOP "ACCIDENTS" ON AGRA-LKO EXPRESSWAY
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
The Agra-lucknow expressway is a 302km expressway constructed by Uttar Pradesh expressways industrial development authority to reduce the distance between Agra and Lucknow . It is a 6 lane expressway inaugurated by the then chief minister Akhilesh Yadav ji.
Since this expressway is opened for public, accidents have become a common scenario. According to an rti reply from August 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018, as many as 853 accidents were reported to police from the expressway in which 100 people died.
I traveled through this expressway several times nd found many loopholes that lead to accidents, some of them are mentioned below-
1) There is no fencing both side of expressway due to which animals like cow , dog , buffalo come on road . People who drive on expressway are not aware of it .
2) The state government had promised that the expressway would have a series of development centres, agricultural mandis, schools, ITIs, rest houses, service centres and public amenities. But till date there has been no progress in this direction
3) No proper lighting on expressway
4) Petrol pump, car mechanics or puncture shops are non-existent. It is one long desolate grey strip through a never ending wasteland.
5) Last but most important there is not even a single super speciality hospital to treat accident victims on a 302km stretch. The departments concerned have not yet provided ambulance facilities.
I lost my brother few days earlier on same expressway . He met with an accident at night and got help in the morning which was too late for him to get any treatment. Now I can't bring him back but I can save another from same incident in future. I request you all to please support and pressurize government to take action as soon as possible.
Thanking u all.
Today: utkarsh is counting on you
utkarsh yadav needs your help with “Uttar Pradesh expressways industrial development authority - PeoPLe Are Dying .. sTop AcciDents on Agra-lucknow ExPressWay”. Join utkarsh and 5,064 supporters today.