Improve Service at Henry W. McGhee Post Office (4601 S. Cottage Grove Ave) in Chicago, IL
This petition had 280 supporters
We are residents who live in the 3rd and 4th wards (Bronzeville, Oakland, Kenwood, Hyde Park and Washington Park neighborhoods) in the city of Chicago and receive service from the Henry W. McGhee Post Office at 4601 S. Cottage Grove Avenue.
For years, we have experienced substandard service from this postal station including excessively long wait times, woefully inadequate staffing, lack of basic services such as stamps, failure of postal workers to deliver mail and an inability to reach workers at the postal station because the phone often goes unanswered.
Many of us have written letters or called USPS and the Henry W. McGhee management team to complain about poor service but our grievances go unanswered and are never addressed. We demand to know why—and we insist on getting the type of quality service that city residents serviced by other postal stations regularly receive and have come to expect.
We are asking you to:
* Require all postal workers to ring door bells when they are delivering mail that must be hand-delivered (over-sized packaged, certified letters, etc.) It is not acceptable that many postal workers do not carry the mail with them and merely leave notices on mail boxes even when the residents are at home waiting for the delivery.
* Provide updated training to all postal service staff that emphasizes friendly, professional and efficient customer service.
* Provide mail carriers with updated training on package delivery to homes and businesses and how to notify recipients.
* Make sure the postal staff is adequately staffed to operate all four counters, thus preventing excessive customer wait times.
* Designate one staff person to handle and manage package pick up. Someone should be available to provide this service at all times during regular business hours.
* Add at least one self-service postal kiosk to mail letters and packages and for stamp purchase on demand.
Through this petition we are making one more attempt to express our concerns and work with you for improvements. If we do not see immediate improvements, we will seek help from others who are in the position to enforce changes, and we will do so in a way that holds you and others accountable for your lack of action.
Please sign and forward this petition to others who are supportive of our efforts to improve customer service at the Henry W. McGhee post office.
Today: Erica is counting on you
Erica Mosely needs your help with “US Postal Service: Improve Customer Service at Henry W. McGhee Post Office in Chicago Illinois”. Join Erica and 279 supporters today.