UPSC CSE-2018 examination: OMR answer sheet was taken before completion of allotted time
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
- That I, Rohit Kumar, roll no : 0801619, appeared in CSE 2018. Centre Code: 08; Examination Center: 004 N. P. Girls Senior Secondary School, Gole Market, Bhai Veer Singh Lane, New Delhi, pin 110001.
- That during paper 01 exam time i.e. 9:30 to 11:30, just after announcement for completion of examination in Five minutes entry and exit gate of the room was closed. And OMR sheets from students were being collected hardly within a minute or two of the announcement.
- That Female students sitting before me were crying and begging for allowing more time to dark the circle on OMR sheet against the questions they already had marked on their question paper but it was take by the invigilator by saying “HE IS DOING HIS
DUTY AND IT WOULD COST HIS JOB IF HE FAILS TO DO SO.
- That I already had marked the answers 90 to 92 on my question paper. I could hardly have darkened 60 to 62 circles on OMR sheet that I was asked to submit the OMR sheet. I requested to allow me to dark the circles, but I was refused by the invigilator by saying that the time was already closed.
- That OMR sheets were collected, counted and matched and then the entry and exit gate of the room was opened. We noticed that students of Room no 41 were the only students who were leaving the floor.
- That after coming down by stairs and in course of leaving the premises, we were stopped, interrupted and asked by an invigilator, probably representative of UPSC, that how we were allowed to leave the room when the Bell was not rung and the Examination time was not over. And within a minute manual bell rang and the students left the premise.
- That I was shocked, as it was my Last attempt and due to hasty nature and irresponsible behaviour of the invigilator I could not dark the circle on OMR sheet for 25-30 questions which I already had solved and marked on my question paper.
- That I inquired at the center to meet representative of UPSC of the center. Mr. Himanshu and Mrs Sunita , UPSC representative at the center, met me. I briefed them about the incident. Mr. Himanshu accepted that he was there when students of room no 41 were coming out of the building. Further, he replied that invigilator was
Confused with electronic bell rung at another center in the same campus as two examination centers were allotted in the same campus. That is why the incident took place.
- That Mr. Himanshu accepted and confirmed that OMR sheets were taken back before the manual bell rung at the center. Further, he tried to dilute the matter by asking if the question paper was given at electronic bell or manual bell. And tried to defend the invigilator by saying that the question was distributed at electronic bell, rang for another center, and was collected back at the same bell. But it was not true, and he had no proof of it, even he was not present at the room when examination started.
- That I asked Sh. Himanshu joshi and Ms Amita Suman to provide me a constructive solution by providing OMR sheets and the time. They didn’t provide any solution but a word that they would take corrective action against invigilator, which was not going to compensate my loss by any means.
- That after the exam over, I met Mr. Himanshu and asked him if there was any way to rectify the mistake done at the center. But the answer was in negation.
- That I asked him to give me a receiving of the written complaint but he politely refused me to provide the same.
MATTER OF CONCERN
- Due to hasty, unprofessional and irresponsible behaviour of the invigilator, I could not dark the circle for 25 to 30 questions, which I already had solved and marked on my question paper.
- It was my Last attempt for UPSC CSE examination. For this, I left my job, taken loan, spent my productive time to qualify the examination.
- Sir, I belong to lower middle class family, my parents are at caring age, and the incident took place at the center is going to cost my candidature, livelihood, my family.
- It was unfair and I was not given the equal opportunity.
FURTHER PROGRESS ON THE MATTER
I already have informed about the issue
- To the UPSC representatives (Mr. Himanshu and Mrs. Sunita), the said representative, at the center. They Accepted that the incident took place due to confusion of the invigilator as two Examination Centers were allotted in the same campus and difference in time of their bell was of approximately 2 minutes. The representatives recognized everything but did not provide any solution, which they could. They even refused to accept my written complaint and to provide receiving of the complaint. On the contrary, they prolonged the process by advising to send the complaint to Chairman, UPSC.
- To the SHO, Mandir Marg, New Delhi-110001; where no complaint or FIR was registered as I was informed that It was not in his authority, was told that a UPSC representative is already present at every center to address the issue, and advised to give a written complaint to UPSC representative at the center. However, it was already informed that UPSC representative would probably not give me receiving of the complaint and so would not accept the complaint or cooperate with me.
- To the Secretary, UPSC on 4th June 2018, 5th June 2018 Via email; on 7th June via speed post: ED788374361IN; on 7th June by submitting the complaint at UPSC reception counter. The same have been informed to the commission 7th June 2018. Two photographs of the documents were attached with the mail. I didn’t get any timeline or even a single reply from commission till date.
- To the Secretary of DoPT and the Minister of DoPT on 7th June 2018. The progress can be traced by going through the trail mail.
- To PMO via complaint redressal portal (https://pgportal.gov.in with registration numbers PMOPG/E/2018/0278109 and PMOPG/E/2018/0278758. Progress can be traced by the registration numbers.
once again I would like to inform you
- That due to hasty, unprofessional and irresponsible behaviour of the invigilator OMR sheet was take 3-4 minutes before the actual bell at the center, I could not dark the circle for 25-30 questions, which I already had solved and marked on my question paper.
- That last 4-5 minutes of an exam is very much crucial, which all serious candidates know.
- That it was my Last attempt for UPSC Civil Service Examination. For this, I left my job, taken loan, spent my productive time to qualify the examination.
- That I belong to lower middle class family, my parents are at caring age, and the incident took place at the center is going to cost my candidature, livelihood, my family.
- That it was unfair and I was not given the equal opportunity which is violation of my fundamental rights.
- Since UPSC did not provide me any time line or a word to resolve at its end, it is ruining my future, career and productive time to earn for my livelihood. My livelihood is at stake, because CSE(Mains) is not a child play and getting no time-limit solution is inversely proportional to my candidature.
Dear Sir/Madam, It is generally seen in the past and even the same can be observe through trail mail
- That UPSC rarely do anything in favour of the Student if it gets a complaint from a candidate, but put all its machinery and effort to hide its weakness and ill-management. It happened in my case from UPSC representative at Center to Secretary, UPSC level; and in several other cases.
- The Solution which could be provided at the center is prolonged and being further prolonged by icy-silence at UPSC end.
- Sorry to say, but it seems that UPSC is willingly harassing a candidate in order to hide its weakness and pulling down the moral and spirit of a candidate.
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to draw your attention on the incidents
- Where a candidate reached at the center late by few minutes (approximately by 4 minutes) and he was not allowed to give exam. He paid for his mistake by giving up his life (https://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi-news/denied-entry-to-exam-hall-for-being-late-ias-aspirant-commits-suicide-in-delhi/story-HWyXbAj5sfTG6zwyg2FMhP.html)
- Where a candidate couldn’t perform well in CSE(PT)-2018, his last attempt, due to vague syllabus and dynamic nature of the examination. He was so depressed and frustrated at the age of his last attempt that he ended up his life. ( http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/civil-services-aspirant-commits-suicide/article22872377.ece)
- Where a person, got selected in UPSC CSE-2013 Exam, but due to irresponsible behaviour of the commission and due to poor communication from UPSC, got depressed and frustrated like hell. And ended his life ( http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/civil-services-aspirant-clears-upsc-exam-but-ends-life/article4709369.ece)
- There are a number of told and untold stories.
Dear Sir/Madam, UPSC has created a suicidal condition for me as
- I am being penalised Due ill-management of UPSC.
- It seems that UPSC is not following uniform rules and regulations other wise how it could be possible that Two centers in the same campus having different time-slot for bell.
- It seems that UPSC is hiring sub-standard invigilators and not providing them proper training for the examination otherwise how it could be possible that an invigilator can end up examination of a room in a center by following his own watch; at least a center must follow uniform time for starting and ending up the examination.
- It seems that UPSC providing center to incompetent representatives, who are also not being provided proper training otherwise when the mistake was verified and accepted, by the representative, it could have been rectified then and there only.
- It seems that UPSC representative was allotted centers to protect invigilator but not to administer exam and facilitate candidates, that is why UPSC representative tried to manipulate me and to protect invigilator at the center. The representative even found telling white lie. The same can be found in trail mail
- UPSC representative must be impartial but he acted like a party against the student.
- It seems that UPSC purposely harassing a candidate by assigning a center to incompetent representatives, who even after confirming the incident, refused to accept written complaint and drew me into to a long and harassing procedure.
- Wastage of my precious and productive time and money.
- My present seems dark and so the future.
- I left several offer of job during preparation of UPSC CSE. I left even a lucrative job to qualify UPSC CSE and become a responsible Civil Servent.
- I have taken loan to meet my expenses.
- In order to provide a better life to my parents, I was not able to take care of them during my preparation for UPSC CSE.
- I belong to a lower middle class family, if I would have continued my job, then I could have earned a handsome sum and would have taken care of my parents properly; but due to ill-management, negligence, irresponsible, unprofessional, inappropriate and inhuman behaviour of representative of UPSC I have lost a huge.
- Why should I bear the loss due to fault at UPSC end??
Dear Sir/Madam, if anyone take extreme step to end up his life on the aforesaid situation created by UPSC, then who would be responsible for it and how UPSC can compensate to the family.
Dear Sir/Madam, Rules are rules, which must be accepted and followed uniformly by all the parties. If a candidate gets late by 4 minutes to reach at the center and is not being allowed to give Examination then UPSC must compensate to the students whose OMR sheets are taken forcefully before the final bell to over the examination.
Justice delayed is justice denied.
The concerned authority must take action in time.
Note:- Please forward and share the message and link so that it should reach to the candidates affected from the same incident.
Today: ROHIT is counting on you
ROHIT KUMAR needs your help with “UPSC: UPSC CSE-2018 examination: OMR answer sheet was taken before completion of allotted time”. Join ROHIT and 750 supporters today.