NO to anti-Semitism at University of Minnesota! NO to SJP!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) is confirmed to hold its national conference at University of Minnesota on November 1st-3rd, 2019.
According to it's website, SJP "stands against homophobia, misogyny, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, classism, colonialism, ableism, and bigotry and discrimination of any form."
Contrary to their stated vision, SJP and its founder, Hatem Bazian, a professor at UC Berkeley, appears to focus only on Israel bashing, delegitimizing Israel, and the idolization of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany - attributing to blatant racism according to the State Department's definition of Anti-Semitism.
Bazian, has been documented saying horrific Anti-Semitic and violence inciting statements. Here are some examples: -
- “Some say our Congress is the best money can buy. But we also say our Congress is an Israeli occupied territory.”
- “There are a large number of Zionists who were engaged with Nazi Germany”
- “How come we don’t have an intifada in this country?”
SJP's Members and Chapter President's Have tweeted and posted via Social Media horrendous Anti-Semitic comments; here are a few examples-
- “Happy birthday to my baby hitler though [emoji]” – Amanda Jamal, SJP Treasurer CUNY
- “@BarackObama shut up about gay marriage and go kill all the Jews” – Samer Alhatoo, SJP Workshop Leader
- “We are Hamas. We are the Intifida.” – Mohammad Soltanmohammadi, SJP Vice President, UMD
SJP's previous conferences have glorified known jihadists and convicted terrorists.
- 2012 SJP hosted Khader Adnan, a senior member and spokesman for the terrorist group, Palestinian Islamic Jihad; calls for violent jihad.
- 2015 SJP hosted Rasmea Odeh (San Diego State University): member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, convicted of murdering two students. Odeh was deported back to Jordan in 2017.
- 2016 SJP hosted Leila Khaled (George Mason University): member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and first woman to hijack an airplane.
The Jerusalem Center For Public Affairs recently published a stomach turning expose on SJP (read full report here). Startling highlights include-
- SJP is not a "grassroots" student organization; it is a terror-supporting, Anti-Semitic network that harasses and intimidates Israel-friendly students.
- SJP's founders, financial patrons and idealogical supporters have been linked to Islamists and Palestinian terror organizations such as Hamas, Hizbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and the Marxist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
- The annual National SJP conference serves as a conduit to drive radical terror discourse, violence and Anti-Semitism at colleges and universities across the United States.
Because of SJP’s closed-door policy of not allowing any non-SJP students to attend the Conference, University of Minnesota is essentially allowing SJP to continue spreading their messages of RACISM, VIOLENCE, ANTI-SEMITISM and support of known TERRORISTS.
Students Supporting Israel calls on University of Minnesota and President Joan T.A. Gabel, to cancel SJP’s Annual Conference that will promote hate, racism, violence, Anti-Semitism, and support of terrorists. If not canceled, we call to hold University of Minnesota accountable by investigating it for violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, or national origin (including Anti-Semitism) for federally assisted programs and activities.
What can YOU do to help? Join Students Supporting Israel:
- Sign this petition
- Share this petition on all of your social media platforms
- Email President Joan T.A. Gabel at email@example.com or call 612-626-1616 to state University of Minnesota needs to immediately cancel SJP's Annual Conference being held on their campus November 1st-3rd, 2019 or be held accountable.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!