Audit David Brock's Media Matters Conglomerate
This petition had 2,141 supporters
David Brock, Chairman of Media Matters for America, is conducting a shadow campaign for Hillary Clinton. His organizations have provided the Clinton Campaign with an undemocratic and illegal advantage during the 2016 presidential election.
We call upon the Department of Justice to conduct a full audit of the 14 organizations operating out of David Brock's Washington DC office:
455 Massachusetts Avenue NW 6th floor, Washington, DC 20001
- Media Matters for America (501(c)3)
- Media Matters Action Network (501(c)4)
- Correct the Record (Super PAC)
- American Bridge 21st Century (Super PAC)
- Franklin Forum PAC
- American Bridge 21st Century Foundation (501(c)4)
- The Franklin Education Forum (501(c)3)
- The Franklin Forum (501(c)4)
- The American Independent (501(c)3)
- Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington DC (501(c)3)
- American Democracy Legal Fund (527 Committee)
- The Bonner Group (Professional Solicitor)
- American Priorities Joint Fundraising Committee
- Franklin Strategies LLC
Through analysis of public facing IRS tax returns, FEC filings, and business registration documents, we’ve identified a litany of fraudulent and illegal activities occurring within this Media Matters conglomerate:
1) THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN’S PURCHASE OF SUPER PAC RESEARCH FROM AMERICAN BRIDGE 21ST CENTURY IN LATE 2015
On December 4th, 2015, the Clinton Campaign purchased opposition research from American Bridge 21st Century Super PAC. They lied in their reporting to the FEC in an effort to hide the transaction.
2) THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN’S ILLEGAL COORDINATION WITH AMERICAN BRIDGE 21ST CENTURY SUPER PAC
The Assistant Treasurer of Correct the Record, a Super PAC that openly coordinates with the Clinton Campaign, is also the Assistant Treasurer, Registered Agent, and Custodian of Records for American Bridge 21st Century Super PAC.
In total, 8 individuals are shown to have collected pay from both Correct the Record and American Bridge 21st Century during the same pay periods. This provides reasonable suspicion that the Clinton Campaign is illegally coordinating with American Bridge 21st Century.
3) FRAUDULENT TAX RETURNS FILED BY MEDIA MATTERS FOR AMERICA
Media Matters for America receives rent payments from American Bridge 21st Century Super PAC, but doesn’t report the rental income in their tax returns.
4) THE CONGLOMERATE’S USE OF AN UNREGISTERED SOLICITOR, THE BONNER GROUP
The Bonner Group represents the entire fundraising overhead for the Media Matters conglomerate, but they aren’t properly registered in Washington DC or any of the States they raise funds in.
5) FRAUDULENT TRANSFERS OF MONEY BETWEEN THE ORGANIZATIONS IN THE CONGLOMERATE
Analysis of FEC filings and IRS tax returns show a constant flow of money between the listed organizations. The Bonner Group receives a 12.5% cut every time money is moved.
Enough is enough
David Brock’s Media Matters conglomerate has been illegally influencing American public policy for far too long.
There’s only so much information available for public review. We call upon the Department of Justice to review these claims and conduct a full audit of these organizations.
Today: Andrew is counting on you
Andrew Kerr needs your help with “United States Department of Justice: Audit David Brock's Media Matters Conglomerate”. Join Andrew and 2,140 supporters today.