- JAMES DEAN CALDWELLSTATE OF LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL
- Jonathan StewartDISTRICT ATTORNEY OF JACKSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
- GARY NUNASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF JACKSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE : ATTORNEY GENERAL ERIC HOLDER: TO REOPEN THE CASE OF DROWNING BLACK TEEN JASON SMITH IN EROS, LOUISIANA
Jason Smith black teen 14, drowned in a priviate pond on June 6, 2011 in Eros, Louisiana. There were two teens involved who at the time had conflicting stories about what took place. Jason did not like water and didn't swim. He was found in his boxers and t-shirt when he left the house that morning in his uniform. Jason was left in the water for 4 hours before anyone called 911.
- STATE OF LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL
JAMES DEAN CALDWELL
- DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF JACKSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
- ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF JACKSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
TO REOPEN THE CASE OF DROWNING BLACK TEEN JASON SMITH IN EROS, LOUISIANA
THIS CASE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN SMALL TOWNS. WE NEED TO FIND WAYS NOT ALLOW THE CRY FOR EQUALITY AND FAIR TREATMENT TO BE IGNORED.
celeta mccall started this petition with a single signature, and now has 189 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.