Postpone UPSC CSE Prelims 2020 to August '20 amidst COVID 19 pandemic
This petition made change with 21,890 supporters!
We, the aspirants, support our government and its efforts in tackling this pandemic. However, adequate attention must be paid to our issues as well
- UPSC Prelims requires dedicated preparation of 3-4 months and looming uncertainty over extension of lockdown is hampering our preparation
- As government declared lockdown without any warning, most of the us are at home with no access to Books, Study material etc.
- Anxiety and stress is preventing us from performing at our best.
- We feel our health is at risk if we are made to write exams during this pandemic
- There is a high chance that some of us will be personally affected by COVID-19.
- Some of our fellow aspirants are yet to appear for interviews and they will need sufficient time to prepare for prelims
- A few aspirants like me, who have offers from IIMs and RBI need clarity on prelims and mains dates, so that they can plan their future accordingly.
- There is a lack of coordination between UPSC and DoPT, with Honourable Dr Jitendra Singh supporting and assuring us of rescheduling. However, UPSC officials are giving conflicting statements on the same (That UPSC is preparing to conduct exam on May 31), creating unnecessary confusion.
UPSC is an exam that impacts the aspirations of over a million families each year. This lack of clarity on part of UPSC is causing students mental, physical and economical stress all at once. We urge Honorable Dr Jitendra Singh to declare new dates of Prelims at the earliest.
Today: Gourav is counting on you
Gourav Sharma needs your help with “Union Public Service Commission: Postpone UPSC CSE Prelims 2020 to August '20 amidst COVID 19 pandemic”. Join Gourav and 21,889 supporters today.