***If you wish to grant immunity to Saleh for his crimes against humanity please see the OTHER Yemen petition by "Yemeni People" (aka pro-Saleh PR people)***
"We are being killed twice - once by the Saleh Regime and once by your unjustified silence"
ارجوكم رجاء حار المشاركه في الاستفتاء والتوقيع عليه وحث اكبر عدد من اصدقائكم على المشاركه
قمنا بنشرها على الفيسبوك مع توضيح التعليمات بالعربية http://t.co/H18o4zB
The Yemeni people have been protesting for 8 months peacefully, demanding a political regime change from an autocratic, corrupt system to a just, civil and transparent rule of law.
Their peaceful protests have been ruthlessly attacked by the presidential regime, killing hundreds and injuring tens of thousands.
Political transition has been hijacked by the Gulf Cooperation Council.
Join the Yemeni Youth and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Tawakkol Karman in their call for measures & TARGETED SANCTIONS against President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
You can listen to their voices here: http://voicesfromyemen.wordpress.com/
1. An international investigation into the Saleh regime’s ruthless crackdown on peaceful youth protesters.
2. The referral of Saleh, his family and his regime to the ICC (International Criminal Court).
3. Abstaining from providing guarantees that ensure immunity to Saleh and his family from prosecution.
4. Freezing the financial assets of Saleh, his family and his regime officials.
5. Halting all military and paramilitary aid to Saleh’s regime.
6. Refraining from providing financial and technical support to the Saleh regime.
7. Help the people of Yemen to achieve their legitimate demands in political regime change and to establish a civil, modern and democratic country.
Please support these legitimate demands.
Sign this petition
CHARTER OF THE UNITED NATIONS
ART 39 - The Security Council shall determine the existence of any threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression and shall make recommendations, or decide what measures shall be taken in accordance with Articles 41 and 42, to maintain or restore international peace and security.
ART 41 - The Security Council may decide what measures not involving the use of armed force are to be employed to give effect to its decisions, and it may call upon the Members of the United Nations to apply such measures. These may include complete or partial interruption of economic relations and of rail, sea, air, postal, telegraphic, radio, and other means of communication, and the severance of diplomatic relations.
To see the list of petitioned Heads of Missions to the United Nations click here
To see the list of the petitioned Heads of States and Foreign Ministers click here
EU High Representative, Catherine Ashton, will receive a copy of the letter via her media team.
NOTE TO ALL YEMEN/HUMAN RIGHTS BLOGGERS:
There is a code snippet available, which you can place in your sidebar. It can be modified : http://t.co/Uc3geGDR
NOTE TO SIGNEES WHO WISH TO STAY ANONYMOUS:
If you don't wish to leave your adress fill out the blanks with "00000"
If you do not wish your name to appear on the website uncheck the box
Moi A TABLE started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,260 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.