Ban single use plastics
This petition had 465 supporters
A Plastic Tide: https://youtu.be/D35YnZ7_WxM
Plastic waste is everyone’s problem. It is blighting our rivers, beaches, green areas and urban neighbourhoods, destroying animal habitat in the process and entering our food chain.
Large majorities of plastic waste end up in our seas and oceans.
320million tonnes of plastic are produced every year worldwide with 40% being disposed of in the first year (often after only minutes of use). Only 5% of all plastic is effectively recycled.
Equivalent of 1 rubbish truck full of plastic being dumped into the oceans every minute.
By 2050, plastic in the oceans could outweigh the marine life enhabiting it.
- The UK government need to step up and bring in laws to reduce the use of single use, non-recyclable plastic - particularly in food packaging.
- Efforts should be made to clean up landscapes across United Kingdom with a view to reducing the amount of plastic and litter entering our rivers and oceans.
- This is a global problem and the UK government should be forcing this issue far better at G20 summits.
- ‘Environmental Awareness’ should also become part of UK curriculum in schools.
- Stricter penalities for general street littering and incorrect disposal of household/ commercial waste.
Today: Mark is counting on you
Mark New needs your help with “Uk Parliament: Ban single use plastics”. Join Mark and 464 supporters today.