Equality for parents children placed with parent that serves their best interests.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
All responsible parents to be given equal billing during relationship breakdown. Thus ensuring that children go to the best parent rather than the parent who is in receipt of Child Benefit. Thus preventing the resident parent from using their legal guardian status to foster parental alienation.
All contested residencies should be based on basic duty of care stability, emotional welfare, educational support, fit and proper housing.
To prevent children's futures being destroyed by parents who use their offspring as a weapon/financial safety. This has led to a CMS service that seeks to reward alienator's financially, even when non-resident parent is prevented from child contact. Those who persistently breach court contact orders (5 consecutive occasions) should have children removed from their care and placed with the non resident parent if they meet the basic care criteria. The current family bill does not provide enough safeguards for children and non-resident parents during relationship breakdown.
I propose the following amendments:
1. Residency must be based on duty of care the emotional, physical well-being housing, educational and financial needs of their children.
2. Fathers must acquire equal residency for shared care once parental responsibility has been proved
3. Cafcass to be given more powers to enforce contact when evidence is provided proving that resident parents have frustrated access. Sanctions to be more rigorously imposed if resident parents refuses or fails to stick to contact orders (currently family court judges use to much discretion and in some cases completely ignore legislative guidelines) See article below:
4. Speed up court litigation so that cases are resolved within 9 months
5. A clear time span for formal parental plans to be established that have to be agreed by both parents when it comes to disputes. If this cannot be achieved then an independent impartial mediator should approve plans which is most fair to all parties concerned
6. An independent watchdog that ensures that parents comply with access orders
7. Fair support and treatment of parents regardless of their financial background
8. Ensure parents who are at risk of flight with children cannot travel abroad without the consent of the non-resident parent once the father has parental responsibility
9. One to one sessions must be made an essential part of the court proceedings to prevent unhealthy arguments and gender bias
10. Non-resident parent to gain full physical custody once negligence or 5 or more contact orders have been breached this must be proved by audio, ocular or written evidence
This will lead to better protection for all non-resident parents usually (Fathers) and improve the level of Social Justice in the UK. Thus reducing, crime and mental health issues amongst men, women and children.
Today: Shaun is counting on you
Shaun Buchanan needs your help with “UK Government: Most capable parent to gain full custody of children in relationship breakdown. Preventing Parental Alienation”. Join Shaun and 3,576 supporters today.