National Council of Resistance of Iran Petition to Support Human Rights and Democratic Change in Iran in 2015
This petition had 94 supporters
According to the United Nations and human rights organizations, Iran has the highest rate of executions per capita in the world with the situation of human rights deteriorating during the Presidency of Hassan Rouhani. Reporters Without Borders has described Iran as world's leading jailer of female journalists and Freedom House ranked Iran as the worst country for internet freedom in 2014. A number of political prisoners, including those associated with ethnic and religious minorities have been executed. One of these prisoners was merely charged with giving financial contribution to the TV station that supports the main opposition PMOI. Girls and women have been the main victims in Iran; many were target of acid attacks for “malveiling”.
Destructive meddling of Iran in the region is of growing concern. Amnesty International has disclosed many details on the war atrocities in Iraq of the Shia militias affiliated to Iran. Iran is at the heart of the crisis in this region and not part of the solution. If fundamentalism and extremism is to be uprooted in this region, Iran’s destructive influence and interference should end.
The suppressive measures and the siege on Iranian dissidents in Camp Liberty, Baghdad continues unabated. So far, 117 have been killed by the orders of Tehran and 25 have been tormented to death due to an anti-human medical blockade.
The active participation of the Qods Force, Hezbollah and other Iranian backed militias in the defense of Assad dictatorship has so far led to the death of 300000. Concurrently, Iran has expanded its dominion over Yemen.
We express our solidarity with the ten-point plan of the Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi, which calls for a democratic pluralistic republic based on universal suffrage, freedom of expression, abolition of torture and death penalty, separation of church and state, a non-nuclear Iran, an independent judicial system, rights for minorities, peaceful coexistence in the region, gender equality and commitment to Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
We also would like to emphasize the following urgent measures:
- The situation of human rights in Iran needs to be heeded in all relations with this country. Iran should end the executions, free political prisoners, stop the repression of women and respect the rights and freedoms of the Iranian people.
- Iran needs to adhere to all UN Security Council resolutions with regard to its nuclear program and it should respond to all outstanding IAEA questions while allowing intrusive inspections of all its military and non-military sites whether declared or undeclared.
- Protection of Camp Liberty residents must be secured and ensured by Iraq, United States and the United Nations. Camp Liberty needs to be recognized as a refugee camp and its siege, in particular its medical blockade, must be revoked in its entirety.
For more information:
- National Council of Resistance of Iran - Twitter
- National Council of Resistance of Iran - Facebook
- National Council of Resistance of Iran - YouTube
- Maryam Rajavi - Twitter
- Maryam Rajavi - Facebook
- Maryam Rajavi - YouTube
Watch the live broadcast of the grand gathering in support of democracy and a non-nuclear Iran broadcast live on 13 June 2015 on www.ncr-iran.org.
Today: FAC is counting on you
FAC NCRI needs your help with “U.S. Senate, Barack Obama, Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General: National Council of Resistance of Iran Petition to Support Human Rights and Democratic Change in Iran in 2015”. Join FAC and 93 supporters today.