Our Parks are not for Sale. Investigate Yosemite Bid Donation!
This petition had 2,796 supporters
Are our National Parks for sale? Controversial Wall Street-led contractor ARAMARK gives $400,000 “gift” to a government charity as the Yosemite prospectus is about to come out - one year later they get $2 billion government deal to manage Yosemite National Park. Demand Justice! Sign the Petition. Investigate Potential Yosemite Corruption
How did this happen? National Parks Service awarded a $2 billion “hospitality” contract to Aramark, a company that was recently. . .
· Fired from their prison food service responsibilities by the State of Michigan for issues ranging from “maggots found in kitchen areas to rodent-nibbled cake and incidents of workers engaging in sex acts with prisoners, smuggling drugs to inmates and, in one case, allegedly conspiring in a murder-for-hire plot.” (Source: Detroit News, July 13, 2014)
· Cited for “critical health violations” for food provided in major sports arenas (Source: WDAF TV Kansas City, November14, 2014)
· “Track record of billing for food it doesn't serve, using substandard ingredients and riling prisoners with its meal offerings.” (Source: Associated Press, July 15, 2013)
· History of quitting on contracts when quality improvements are demanded (Source: USAToday/Detroit Free Press, May 7, 2013)
· Awarded the contract to provide services in Yosemite National Park one year and one day after making a large donation to a charity favored by National Park leadership. (Source: National Park Foundation News, June 16, 2014)
Today: Free is counting on you
Free Yosemite needs your help with “U.S National Park Services, U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Congress: Free Yosemite”. Join Free and 2,795 supporters today.