Acupuncture For Veterans and Seniors! The Power of Choice!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
We the undersigned hereby petition you to support HR2839 a bill that Congresswoman. Judy Chu (CA-27) introduced called the Acupuncture for Heroes and Seniors Act. The bill permits members of the uniformed services access to qualified acupuncturist services without the requirement of a referral and requires that acupuncture services be offered to all veterans. The bill also ensures that qualified acupuncturist services are covered by Medicare so that seniors have another effective treatment option available to them. The main points of the bill that we are asking you to support it for are:
• Acupuncture is a safe effective, non-addictive strategy to manage acute and chronic pain, which will reduce the number of opioid addictions from prescription medications, which is presently 21 to 29 percent and this percentage is on the rise.
In addition, the bill will:
• Ensure that qualified professionals of Acupuncture will set patient care standards and ensure public safety
• Ensures Veterans access to non-addictive safe pain management care within the Veterans Healthcare system, and reducing opioid addiction risk for Veterans
• Ensures Seniors have better quality of care that is non-addictive and reducing drug addiction issues in Senior patients.
• Creates jobs and ensure proper compensation for Acupuncturist
• Reduces the economic burden of prescription opioid misuse which alone is currently for the United States is $78.5 billion a year, including the costs of healthcare, lost productivity, addiction treatment, and criminal justice involvement.
For these reasons and more we urge to support this bill. Thank you for your service to our community.
Today: Acupuncture Advocacy Group is counting on you
Acupuncture Advocacy Group needs your help with “U.S. House of Representatives: Acupuncture For Veterans and Seniors! The Power of Choice!”. Join Acupuncture Advocacy Group and 1,679 supporters today.