Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome: Iatrogenesis affects that create negative health conditions after a tubal ligation or female sterilization surgery. Can be hormonal and or physical in nature. Health changes both physical and hormonal can cause mental health to be affected, causing loss of sexual drive for the woman, memory loss, depression, anger and rage.
Iatrogenesis: A Greek word which means "doctor-caused" or "doctor produced". It is a medical term meaning harm done by doctors, or negative side effect(s) caused by a medical treatment or procedure. The negative side effect(s) can be due to error, negligence, or can be caused by the standard protocol of the treatment.
Currently, doctors are not required to inform their patients about any of the possible outcomes after having a tubal ligation. It is commonly conceived as a safe form of birth control. There are side effects that can change the rest of a woman's life, her well-being and cause death if symptoms are left untreated or overlooked. Tubal ligation is a fix for one thing but creates a platform for guaranteed future problems.
Medically, PTLS is not recognized as a syndrome. When addressed to a doctor, women are usually told nothing is wrong, it's just how their period is after a TL. I'm not a woman but I've seen first-hand that this IS real. Women and the general public need to be informed. You should find it odd that there is a list of post vasectomy issues but a TL is considered safe, with few post-op problems.
Symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome:
1. Eptopic pregnancy or pregnancy (well known risk of tubals)
2. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes,
clammy feeling, chills
3. Bouts of rapid heart beat
5. Mood swings, sudden tears
6. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
7. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding;
phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
8. Loss of libido
9. Dry vagina
10. Itchy vagina-at time raw like, can radiated from whole area, with
absence of yeast infections.
11. Color change in vaginal area. (color gets darker -darker red to purple)
12. Crashing fatigue - Chronic Fatigue
13. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
14. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
15. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
16. Disturbing memory lapses
17. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
18. Prolapse of uterus do to rapid decrease in estrogen levels.
19. Itchy, crawly skin
20. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
21. Increased tension in muscles
22. Breast tenderness
23. Decrease in breast mass
24. Headache change: increase or decrease
25. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
26. Sudden bouts of bloat
28. Exacerbation of existing conditions
29. Allergies developing or increasing - (Chronic sinusitis).
30 Nasal infections-necessitating antibiotics
31. Weight gain
32. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
33. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
34. Changes in body odor
35. Electric shock or stabbing sensation under the skin.
36. Tingling in the extremities,
37. Gum problems, increased bleeding
38. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in
39. Osteoporosis (after several years )
40. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
41. Stabbing pains in pelvic area at time of ovulation
42. Pelvic Pain
43. Development of Adenomyosis
44. Development of Ovarian/Tubal Cysts
45. Decreased Lactation Ability
Tell Congress this needs to change.