Break down the Unfair 2-Fare Wall at York University
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Starting September 2, 2018, York Region Transit (YRT) will no longer provide service directly into the heart of the York University Keele Campus, while the TTC, Brampton Transit and GO Transit will continue to do so.
These changes impact York students, faculty and staff coming from Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill and other parts of York Region. They will have to either:
- Walk in from the new Pioneer Village Station, certainly no pleasure during Canadian winters
- Pay an extra fare to travel one stop to the York University Station
We do not believe that the installation of the new subways should lead to York University students, faculty and staff from York Region being forced to pay additional fares.
We request that the YRT and TTC:
- Continue YRT Bus service onto York University Campus, as prior to September 2, 2018
- Change YRT Bus service only after a TTC/YRT fare integration agreement is implemented
Moreover, we request that any changes prioritize:
- Commute time, using YRT, to York University be the same or better than it was before Sept 2, 2018
- Commute cost, using YRT, to York University be the same or better than it was before Sept 2, 2018. Break the Unfair 2-Fare Wall!
Please sign this petition and circulate to others
Additional background can be found at votefred.ca.
Fred Winegust, Candidate for Local and Regional Councillor, Vaughan
Frank Miele, Candidate for Mayor, Vaughan
Alan Shefman, Candidate and Local Councillor, Vaughan Ward 5
Jason Cherniak, Candidate for Local and Regional Councillor, Richmond Hill
Ricardo Mashregi, Candidate for Councillor Ward 1, Markham 1
Mo Shakir, Candidate for Councillor Ward 5, Markham
Jordanna Miller, Undergraduate Student, York University
Celia Lewin, Undergraduate Student, York University
Today: Fred Winegust for Vaughan Local and Regional Councillor is counting on you
Fred Winegust for Vaughan Local and Regional Councillor needs your help with “TTC Commission: Break down the #Unfair2FareWall at York University”. Join Fred Winegust for Vaughan Local and Regional Councillor and 430 supporters today.