BAN Digital Billboard in Paoli, Tredyffrin Twp, Chester County, PA
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Tredyffrin Township Board of Supervisors,
We strongly oppose the digital billboard proposed by Catalyst Outdoor Advertising DBA Tredyffrin Outdoor LLC at the intersection of Rt. 252 and Lancaster Ave. (1819 Lancaster Ave) in Paoli for the following reasons:
- Affects public safety and promotes distracted driving, especially given extremely congested intersection
- Bright, constantly-changing digital billboards are designed expressly to attract and hold the attention of drivers
- Visual distractions contribute significantly to traffic accidents and driver/pedestrian fatalities.
- Visual Pollution
- No financial gain to Tredyffrin Township and/or residents (no additional property tax or other revenue)
- Diminish and reduce community character and quality of life
- Requires the demolition of historic R. Brognard Okie 'Clockworks' building. Okie is architect/builder of the property.
- The Clockworks building located at 1819 Lancaster Avenue is included in Tredyffrin Township 2003 Historic Resource Survey
Please Help -- Our initial $1,000 goal for BAN Digital Billboard & Save Historic Clockworks Building lawn signs was met and lawn signs are arriving on FridayOct. 26. However, there are other expenses for flyers, banners, and additional lawn signs. Please consider helping with a contribution by clicking - GoFundMe to help fund lawn signs!
Please read Community Matters blog posts on this issue for background and comments:
October 8, 2018: BAN Digital Billboard in Paoli!
Today: BAN Digital Billboard in Paoli is counting on you
BAN Digital Billboard in Paoli needs your help with “Tredyffrin Township Board of Supervisors: BAN Digital Billboard in Paoli, Tredyffrin Twp, Chester County, PA”. Join BAN Digital Billboard in Paoli and 3,297 supporters today.