Call to Improve Internet Speed and Reliability in India
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200,000!
Consumer VOICE calls for better internet speeds and quality. The study on "Impact of Quality of Internet Services (QoIS) on Internet Users" in India found that-
Users get much lower speed than what is claimed.There is a wide gap between 3G and 4G speed claims of ISPs and their actual performance.
It was found that the maximum 4G speed among the sample was just 4.10 mbps and only 1.50 mbps in case of 3G, which is not even close to its definition.
Quality of Internet Services (QoIS) significantly impacts the lives of the people and must therefore be improved.
Based on this study, this petition calls upon Government of India and TRAI to take the following steps-
· For better quality of speed a Mandatory disclosure of min avg download speed be made, which must be met at least 95% of the times.
· ISPs to include a speed measurement tool in their apps and maintain a record of average speed during the day, week and month.
· ISPs to disclose minimum and maximum speeds on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Compensate consumers for failing to adhere to average download speeds and down time. TRAI should create a mechanism for compensation for quantifiable losses below the benchmark.
· Declare minimum speeds at the time of sale of plans.
· TRAI’s MySpeed App should be made more robust and user-friendly. It should be able to provide speed comparisons for each BTS and also show comparisons of ISPs at given BTS.
· Each ISP app must have a complaint feature with follow up of outcome of complaints.
· TRAI should find a way so that consumer using internet can come to know the reduction in speed or loss of signal at a particular point of time. At present the phones show E or 3G or 4G signal when there is in fact no signal. When signal is lost there should be a way to inform the consumer about loss of speed or signal by an adequate label mechanism.
· TRAI should be able to provide speed comparisons for each BTS and also show comparisons of ISPs at given BTS.
Today: Consumer is counting on you
Consumer Voice needs your help with “TRAI, Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Digital India : Call to Improve Internet Speed and Reliability in India”. Join Consumer and 158,126 supporters today.