Labour members declaring Israel a racist endeavour ask NEC to abandon full IHRA
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
We Labour Party members declare Israel to be a racist endeavour. We are not anti-Jewish.
We challenge our National Executive Committee to expel us from the Party, if you believe that, according to the IHRA definition you adopted on the 4th Sept, we are anti-Semitic. If you will not, we expect you to return Labour to its previous position, which allowed freedom of speech on Israel.*
We also call into question the adopted point 3) "Applying double standards to Israel by requiring of it a behaviour not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation". Israel cannot claim to be a democratic nation. Haaretz noted that the number of Arabs in Israel (including Gaza and the West Bank) will exceed that of Jews by 2020. If it were a true democracy, the country would shortly be ruled by Arabs, a prospect so terrifying to Jewish leaders that they can only maintain their control through denying the 4.4 million Arabs living in the occupied areas the right to vote in national elections.
We believe that of 550,000 members, the fact that only 45 alleged cases are active in the LBC leaked dossier shows there is no particular problem with anti-Semitism in the Labour Party. However, adopting the full IHRA will multiply the number of these cases many times over. Please keep the Labour Party united and abandon the added Zionist examples that stifle me from expressing my view on the racist nature of Israel and the lack of democracy there. It would be best to return to the simple Oxford English dictionary definition of anti-Semitism as “hostility to or prejudice against Jews”.
My name is below.
- *We are aware that Corbyn sought to add the rider to Labour's IHRA, which was rejected - "It should not be regarded as anti-Semitic to describe Israel, its policies or the circumstances around its foundation as racist because of their discriminatory impact, or to support another settlement of the Israel-Palestine conflict." We urge the party to adopt this rider in full, in order to keep us as members.
- To contribute to legal costs arising from disciplinaries for the petition, please go to tinyurl.com/legalihra
- Those in the NEC who voted in favour need to think again; their vote has played into the hands of the Zionists, and as research makes clear, is unlikely to combat the rising tide of real anti-Semitism in the UK. In fact, it may even have led to more.
- See article in American Jewish online Mondoweiss based on question posed to NEC candidates in favour of full IHRA “If it’s passed and I said Israel is a racist state, would I get expelled?” and article on current fallout in UK Labour "Why let Netanyahu write the Labour rulebook?" Understand why Israel is a racist endeavour by reading, also in Mondoweiss, "Israel’s new Jewish Nation State law is a reaction to Palestinian demands for equality — Ben White"
- On the 5th Sept, Labour MPs voted, with 205 in favour with no caveats and 8 against. One in favour said: “Every other institution in the UK from the police and schools to universities and courts use the IHRA definition. For the Labour Party not to, sets us apart from the entire country and the stories that have come out since, show that the leadership has some anti-Semitism on them. That’s not right for a party and persons that want to lead the country.” But just because the schools and Unis were browbeaten into it by May’s Government, it does not mean that Labour should be too. Also note that 80% of Conservative MPs are members of “Conservative Friends of Israel” so it’s no surprise the Government is on the side of Netanyahu on this. Israel is pulling every UK politicians’ strings, as Al Jazeera’s undercover investigation “The Lobby” shows.
- Jewish Voice for Peace shows many Jewish organisations also decry the full IHRA. See Jewish Voice for Labour Submission to Labour Party Consultation on Definition of Antisemitism. Also Anti-Palestinian Racism is hatred towards or prejudice against Palestinians as Palestinians . 29 leading rabbis of the Union of Orthodox Hebrew Congregations recently issued a statement where they supported “respected” Corbyn and distanced themselves from “irresponsible claims in the media that the Jews of Britain are outraged towards him. Read it at tinyurl.com/29rabbis [as at 21/9/18, 5 more have signed, so it's now 34 rabbis].
- 24 Palestinian trade unions issued an open letter to Labour on 28th August, just before the unions pushed for the full IHRA at Labour’s NEC meeting. Headed “Labour must reject biased IHRA definition that stifles advocacy for Palestinian rights” this appeal by Palestinian civil society to the British Labour Party and affiliated trade unions was ignored. You can read it at here. These trade unions correctly observe that the IHRA is a “politicised and fraudulent definition of antisemitism”.
- The instant Palestinians get support from someone who might gain power– out comes the anti-semitism charge Mondoweiss 5/9/18.
- Labour was founded on social justice - and that's what this is about. The abominable treatment of Arabs by Israel, enshrined in law, is the biggest recruiting tool for Al Quaeda, ISIS and the rest. By refusing to allow us to speak the truth about Israel, the world is made a more dangerous place.
- There are 2.8 million Muslims in the UK. Most Muslims identify with the Palestinians. They see a Labour Party keen to appease Zionists, but deaf to Arab views. The Party ignores this demographic to its disadvantage. Muslims have little confidence that a Labour Government will be serious about addressing the biggest problem in the Middle East. The UK has 370,000 Jews...
- Please also sign petition "IHRA: WE THE MEMBERS MUST DECIDE NOT ISRAEL LOBBY"
- We have prepared a model defence if the NEC acts against us- read it here. More info at www.tinyurl.com/labourihra
Today: Pete is counting on you
Pete Gregson needs your help with “To chair of Labour's NEC Andy Kerr: Labour Members declaring "Israel is a Racist Endeavour" call on NEC to abandon full IHRA”. Join Pete and 1,000 supporters today.