ABOLISH LEASEHOLD & INTRODUCE STRICT REGULATION FOR RESIDENTIAL MANAGING AGENTS
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000.
Leaseholders have been abused, are being abused and will continue to be abused unless there are steps to prevent and penalise unfair treatment.
Some leaseholders of houses and of flats now have properties which are virtually un-saleable due to their lease terms. Recent attention to punitive ground rent provisions have illustrated the damaging disadvantage to which leaseholders have been subjected, for far too long.
· Leasehold dates back to Feudal times and only exists in England and Wales. Leaseholder means ‘’Tenant’’.
· Developers are changing from leasehold to "Fleecehold". Which means they keep toxic covenants in the freehold transfer such as permission fees. This must not be allowed to continue.
· The concept of the BARON (FREEHOLDER) bullying and threatening the SERF ( Tenant) with eviction (FORFEITURE) should be outlawed.
· This behaviour, which is commonplace in modern day England and Wales is leading to serious harassment of individual tenants and sometimes whole communities by unscrupulous Landlords and unregulated Managing Agents .
OUR CAMPAIGN AGAINST LEASEHOLD:
Leasehold should be replaced by ‘’COMMONHOLD’’ for flats which happens in the rest of the Western World .
Houses should NEVER be leasehold since they sit on their own freehold plots. Therefore Leasehold should be ABOLISHED.
The government should take action to protect those existing leaseholders (Flats & Houses) with onerous lease terms which have become toxic.
A full review of leasehold legislation is needed.
Residential Managing agents MUST be regulated since they persecute and threaten tenants with impunity. We cannot allow this to continue.
We want FULL retrospective action for those already stuck in the web of leasehold.
We urge you to launch a public enquiry into the miss selling of millions of homes by the developers.
Please support our cause by signing our petition.
‘’Every step towards the goal of justice requires action’’
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party
Theresa May MP
ABOLISH LEASEHOLD & STRICT REGULATION FOR RESIDENTIAL MANAGING AGENTS BE INTRODUCED
Today: Katie is counting on you
Katie Kendrick needs your help with “Theresa May MP: ABOLISH LEASEHOLD & STRICT REGULATION FOR RESIDENTIAL MANAGING AGENTS BE INTRODUCED”. Join Katie and 4,613 supporters today.