Campaign for national minimum standards for taxi and private hire licensing
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Why are we launching this campaign?
- Our research shows that some current local licensing requirements for taxi and private hire drivers are inadequate and put passengers at risk
- Our research shows that in some areas drivers with convictions for violent offences including battery and actual bodily harm are being granted taxi and private hire driver licences
- Licensing authorities need better access to information about a driver’s history when deciding whether to grant a licence
What are we are calling for?
National minimum standards for taxi and private hire vehicle driver licensing, to include:
- Mandatory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and barred list checks for all drivers
- A national policy that clearly specifies which crimes and behaviours result in revocation of driver licences
- A national database of taxi and private hire vehicle (PHV) driver licence revocations and refusals
- A review of the framework used by the police to disclose crimes and behaviours carried out by taxi and PHV drivers
Find our report at www.suzylamplugh.org
Today: Suzy Lamplugh Trust is counting on you
Suzy Lamplugh Trust needs your help with “The Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP: Campaign for national minimum standards for taxi and private hire licensing”. Join Suzy Lamplugh Trust and 193 supporters today.