HOW AND WHY TO ENRICH THE POOR
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In the United States as in all countries of the world, there is no shortage of opportunities for success in life, but to seize them you need money, which is why the poor remain poor and the rich are increasingly. richer. Low-income people have no assets and sometimes have low incomes, which severely limits their access to bank loans and prevents them from investing in a better future. The federal government crippled by a deficit and ever-growing debt is seeking a balance between controlling spending and reducing poverty. The Covid 19 pandemic will have appalling consequences on the country's public finances and on social categories already in difficulty. More than ever, it is therefore necessary to find innovative solutions to reduce social inequalities and give everyone a chance to succeed.
That is why I humbly allow myself to submit to the President of the United States and members of Congress an original idea on which I have reflected and which aims to create a new system of national solidarity in three stages:
- First, the implementation of a monthly universal tax of 1 dollar paid by all citizens from the age of 18.
- Then, the benefit of the tax (several million dollars) will be paid into a fund which must distribute it to people in difficult social situations.
- Finally, each beneficiary will receive a share of $ 500,000 that they can use solely and exclusively in investments such as housing, training in well-paid trades, business creation or takeover and other areas. The fund will not provide liquidity, but will act as a bank to pay expenses related to beneficiaries' projects.
Across the United States, all low-income people in difficulty will be placed on a waiting list based on the following criteria:
- The family situation, that is to say having children, especially for single-parent families.
- A modest standard of living, that is to say a low or zero income especially for the unemployed, the homeless, farmers, poor retirees, the disabled, undereducated or precarious workers.
- Living in a disadvantaged area, i.e. living in the suburbs or in a rural area
A “large solidarity fund” will act as an intermediary to redistribute the money collected on behalf of people in need. The fund will have to operate from the federal state budget with a modest budget line using local resources from other agencies. He will ensure:
- Update the waiting list of beneficiaries on the basis of information provided by associations, public services, local authorities and social security administrations.
- Receive and inform the beneficiaries who must remain secret until the last moment.
- Listen to their needs, offer them adequate and tailor-made solutions, record, prepare and execute their decisions.
- Check compliance with the conditions of the contract signed by the beneficiary
- Increase the number of beneficiaries thanks to donations from individuals, companies or government institutions.
For example, if 100 million US citizens pay the $ 1 tax, the monthly profit of $ 100 million will be divided among 200 beneficiaries who will each have a share of $ 500,000. Each year, 2,400 modest Americans and their families (estimate) will benefit from this tax to carry out their future projects (housing, training, entrepreneurship, etc.).
"The Diouldeenne tax or great solidarity tax" will allow the United States to achieve political, social, economic and budgetary objectives, in particular:
- The transformation of the poor beneficiaries of benefits into employees and entrepreneurs, which involves repairing and restoring the social elevator.
- The declining working class and the growing middle class, which means less spending and more revenue for state and social security budgets.
- The increase in the purchasing power of the underprivileged population and therefore of household consumption on which a large part of the national wealth produced each year is based.
- The additional benevolence of the state towards the suffering citizens by giving them an unexpected chance to come out and thus strengthen the confidence of the people in the American dream.
Any American citizen with an income (salary, annuity, social benefit or other) will have to pay this tax but only those who need it most will benefit from it. In addition, this device is painless enough not to impact the purchasing power of Americans. At a ridiculous cost of $ 1 per month and $ 12 per year for each person, the solidarity fund will provide significant financial capacity to citizens in difficulty and their families to buy housing, create or buy a business, train for quality in trades with good wages or investing in the field that is close to their hearts. I urge the President of the United States and American politicians to implement this policy swiftly with legislation expected to pass early this year in Congress for implementation by mid-2021.
To intelligently overcome the heavy impact of the health crisis, it is urgent to emancipate the most vulnerable through work and restart the American economy while keeping the state budget. That is why I believe that this solution can serve the general interest in the most economical and efficient way possible. I therefore propose a flexible automatic solidarity system applicable in the United States and around the world to fight social injustice and break the vicious cycle of poverty. To make this idea a reality, it is up to American leaders, in particular the president, to take the necessary measures to apply the Diouldeenne tax or great solidarity tax.
I also ask each reader to sign the petition and raise awareness among those around them and on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
Hashtag Twitter : #Diouldeenetax
For the United Kingdom : https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-prime-minister-how-and-why-to-enrich-the-poor
For the French Republic: https://www.mesopinions.com/petition/social/enrichir-pauvres-faut/92575
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!