A Fairer Social Security System for Scotland
This petition had 274 supporters
When more welfare powers come to Scotland, please can you make sure that:
· No-one can get sanctioned for not attending or complying with any devolved ‘employability’ scheme, and this is made clear to everyone affected so that these schemes are effectively voluntary.
· Scottish health services and other social and community services are kept completely independent of any DWP schemes that pressure people to apply for jobs. (We especially don’t want to see anything like the placing of 'work coaches' in GPs' surgeries recently trialled in Islington).
· The new Scottish PIP assessment process takes full account of evidence from health and other care professionals, and the GPs etc. have to provide this evidence.
· Everyone who has lost benefits as a result of the cut-off for Higher Rate Mobility having been dropped from walking 50m to walking 20m can apply to get them reinstated.
· There is no role for private companies in any devolved service.
This petition is a response to the current consultation on the new Scottish social security system that will take control of the devolved disability benefits, and to on-going discussions about the new employability service that will replace the Work Programme.
Today: Scottish Unemployed Workers' Network is counting on you
Scottish Unemployed Workers' Network needs your help with “The Minister for Social Security and the Minister for Employability and Training, Scottish Goverment: Fairer Social Security for Scotland”. Join Scottish Unemployed Workers' Network and 273 supporters today.