Our Kiss to Israel: A Repentance for Past Wrongs
Our Kiss to Israel: A Repentance for Past Wrongs
The Jewish people have suffered and endured countless hardships and persecutions through the years simply because of their heritage and their faith. Many of these atrocities have been committed by Believers in Yeshua (Jesus) or The Church, past and present. We, the Believers in Yeshua desire to repent to our Maker and apologize for wrongs to the Jewish people on behalf of ourselves, our forefathers, and fellow "Christians" past and present. Our hope and prayer is the sins of the past are never repeated and that our repentance will assist in the healing of Jewish hearts.
Scriptural basis and Biblical references:
- Confessing the sins of your ancestors: Nehemiah 9:2; Leviticus 26:40-41
- Confession corporate/collective sin & those of your ancestors: Jeremiah 14:20
- Punishing sins 3-4 generations: Exodus 20:5-6; 34:6-7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9-10; Jeremiah 32:18-19
- Bless those who bless Israel, curse those who curse it: Numbers 24:9, Genesis 12:3, Psalm 122:6-7
- Nations resent people groups because of sins of their forefathers: Daniel 9:16
- Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly: Micah 6:8
The protocol gift that accompanies this petition will be given to Israel at its 70th anniversary in May 2018. It is a song entitled "Our Kiss to Israel" and is available as a free download after that date by downloading from either of these places:
The Petition is as follows:
To: Every Jewish/Hebrew person worldwide
From: The undersigned Believers in Yeshua (Jesus)
Under deep conviction for our sins and sorrow over the sins of our forefathers, we, The Believers in Yeshua (Jesus) come to Creator and to you, the Jewish people. Our hearts are heavy with grief over the pain and loss we and our ancestors have caused; we earnestly ask forgiveness from Creator and from you for our sins and the sins of the past:
Please forgive The Church, the Believers in Yeshua (Jesus) and us as individuals for any and all roles played in the following:
- Please forgive the persecution of the Jewish people by the Roman empire and the Catholic Church. This includes Constantine’s aggressively pursuing the Jewish people and forcing them to choose between death and converting to the “New Roman Religion” beginning in the fourth century A.D.
- Please forgive the writings and influence of Ambrose, bishop of Mediolanum in opposing your civil rights and advocating that you assume a subservient position in society beginning around 380 A.D.
- Please forgive the wrongs done by King Dagobert of France and the Spanish monarchy for requiring the Jewish people to choose between baptism and slavery beginning in the year 626 A.D.
- Please forgive the slanderous statements and false accusations made against the Jewish people; and the massacres of the Jewish people associated with the Crusades.
- Please forgive the wrongs of the Spanish Inquisitions of 1478-1834 and the pogroms leading up to it; we grieve over every one of the people who were tortured, maimed and/or killed. Please do not hold against us the acts of Dominican Tomás de Torquemada and all other participants in the Inquisitions. We decry the burning at the stake of the thousands of Jews - innocent of crime - and the seizing of their property.
- Please forgive the embittered words of Martin Luther against the Jewish people, including those in his works entitled “Against the Sabbatarians” and “On the Jews and Their Lies” written in 1538 A.D. and 1543 A.D., respectively.
- Please forgive the pogroms of Russia beginning in 1881; the actions of the Russian Orthodox Church against the Jewish people in the 1800’s carrying into the next century, including slaughtering your people, rioting against you, and forcing you to listen to sermons.
- Please forgive the innumerable atrocities of the Holocaust/World War II: the deaths by gas chambers, bullets, bombs, starvation and political maneuvering. We are indignant and horrified that Adolf Hitler, a man who professed to be a Christian (although research showed him to be an occultist) did so many things under the guise of acting in the name of our faith.
- Please forgive the turning away of the St. Louis and the Flandre, ships containing Jewish refugees trying to escape the apartheid in Germany and France. It is a stain on our history that they were turned away from the United States and returned to a war-racked Europe.
- Please forgive the Axis powers of World War II in fighting with Hitler against the Jews.
- Please forgive America and every other nation that delayed entering into World War II against a dictator bent on annihilating the Jewish people.
- Please forgive the multitudes of lives taken violently; the rapes; the theft of wealth, businesses, homes, land and priceless family heirlooms over the millennia.
- Please forgive the expulsion of Jewish families from their countries and evicted from their homes throughout the world simply for being Jewish.
- Please forgive us for anti-semitic words, statements, thoughts, deeds, political agendas and activism.
- Please forgive the United States for shamefully deciding to abstain from the vote on the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334 concerning Israel’s right to inhabit Samaria.
- Please forgive us for devaluing the Torah (first five books of the Bible), the Sabbath, and the Levitical Feasts (Leviticus 23).
- Please forgive us for spiritual and intellectual arrogance in thinking that we know more than the Jewish people and that we cannot learn from you, the people who have been studying and carrying the Tanakh (Old Testament) for millennia.
- Please forgive us for ever believing that we “replaced” the Jewish people in covenant with The Almighty and that the people of Israel are now of little interest to Him.
- Please forgive us for any and every time we have ever knowingly or unintentionally insulted a Jew for his/her appearance, characteristics, mannerisms, business practices, hair styles, garments, and articles of worship.
- Please forgive us for judging you.
- Please forgive us for envying your blessings and success in business and material matters.
The sins of Believers in Yeshua are so numerous that they cannot all be recounted. Surely, there are many not named on this document. We ask your forgiveness for any and all unintentionally excluded wrongs that should have been included in this petition. Our hope and prayer is that YaH will forgive us and that this statement will cause forgiveness to be easier for you and healing to be a speedy and complete work. We also pray that those of our faith who do not yet agree with this petition will be given ears to hear and eyes to see and will come to teshuvah (repentance), also. Our fervent desire is that we, the Believers in Yeshua (Jesus) will never commit any atrocities like this again toward Israel and that we may enter a deep, beautiful, eternal relationship with you. We bless you. We love you.
Our heart is that of Ruth’s:
“Your Elohim is my Elohim. Your people are my people… Only death will come between us.”