- Hon. Minister T. LakeMinister of the Enviroment
- Rob FlemmingBC opposition critic for the Enviroment
- Bruce FraserCVRD Area Director
- Wes ShoemakerDeputy Minister of the Enviroment
- Adrian DixOfficial Leader of the Opposition
- Mr. Bill RutleyMLA
- Hon. Christy ClarkPremier of BC
The Government of British Columbia: Decline SIA's permit to dump contaminated soil in Shawnigan Lake
The protection and security of our water is fundamental importance. South Island Aggregates has applied and been granted a draft (soon to be approved) permit to dump over 100 million tons of contaminated soil into OUR watershed.
Despite strong scientific evidence from government, the health authority and independent scientists, showing high risk of contamination of the Shawnigan Lake Watershed, the Ministry has decided to allow this to happen.
Strong community opposition of SIA's permit has fallen on deaf ears. As a community we must step up and protect our water, our property values, our environment and our future.
Send a message to the politicians in Victoria. The Shawnigan Lake Watershed is not for sale.
Government must stop and reverse this decision.
- Minister of the Enviroment
Hon. Minister T. Lake
- BC opposition critic for the Enviroment
- CVRD Area Director
- Deputy Minister of the Enviroment
- Official Leader of the Opposition
Mr. Bill Rutley
- Premier of BC
Hon. Christy Clark
- Premier of British Columbia
Decline SIA's permit to dump contaminated soil in Shawnigan Lake
Shawnigan Residents Association started this petition with a single signature, and now has 4,050 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.