Support Our Local Tunstall Co-op Bank from Closure
This petition had 369 supporters
The Co-op Bank proposes to close its Tunstall branch blaming the move on a ‘continued change in how customers choose to bank’.
Our reason for opposing the Tunstall closure is as follows.
- Residents in Stoke on Trent North are reliant on having a branch nearby, especially when there is an ageing community who are in many cases unable to travel further afield to access services
- An ageing population means that customers are not always I.T. literate, and losing a valuable asset such as their bank to walk into can cause untoward stress to many of your supportive members
- Stoke on Trent is a linear city unlike other cities across the UK, which means travel to another location is exasperated for many of its customers/members
- The Tunstall Co-op Branch is a hub of activity with its friendly staff who are always on hand to help, which is a service that most other banks fail to offer today
- When the Co-op Bank recently suffered financial difficulties, its customers/membership stood by the financial institution in it’s time of crisis and now it is believed the favour should be returned
Customers/Members of the bank are devastated at the decision the Co-op has made to close the Tunstall branch, and are hopeful that you will reconsider your choice to leave it open for your many members who have regularly supported the Co-op and previously the Britannia.
Remember, you already have a supportive and loyal membership, and this is something that most other banks don’t have, so please look at your decision again, it is important for everyone concerned.
Today: Tom is counting on you
Tom Simpson needs your help with “The co-operative bank: Support Our Local Tunstall Co-op Bank from Closure”. Join Tom and 368 supporters today.