- The City Government of Baguio led by Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan and the members of the City CouncilBaguio City Hall
Enact and implement an ordinance that would establish a Sustainable Urban Mobility Program.
The Sustainable Urban Mobility Program, based on a 2013 study, aims to fully utilize the remaining open spaces of the city’s Central Business District to pave way for a more efficient traffic flow and a more human-friendly environment en route to a stress-free, lively, and revivified urban core thru the following propositions:
1. Financial mechanism to support the Jeepney Operators and Drivers Associations to receive subsidy and convert to electric-powered jeeps.
2. Strengthen the public commuting system in Baguio City and La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tuba and Tublay.
3. Creation of the Metro BLISTT Development Authority (MBDA) to handle the affairs of all CBDs.
4. Creation of the Metro BLISTT Transportation Corporation (to ensure inclusive growth and prosperity to Jeepney Drivers and Operators Associations (JODA) with emphasis on safety hazard pay and health insurance to PUV drivers.
5. Tax Rebate to businessmen along main thoroughfare (Session Road) as it gives access to cars during inclement weather.
6. Part-time pedestrianization (6AM-9PM or 8AM-9PM) for the green-zoning of Session Road.
7. Vertical Garden Ordinance CBD-wide to include benches, parklets, and art spaces for people to enjoy.
8. Update and overhaul the traffic management system of Baguio City’s business district and peripherals.
9. Promote Baguio as the WALKING CAPITAL OF THE PHILIPPINES.
10. Revive Baguio City's URBAN HERITAGE.
11. Strengthen Heritage Tourism in Baguio.
12. Strengthen the smoke belching law by establishing RED ZONES using anonymous reporting via citizen policing along the 5 arterial roads. The more a vehicle receives anonymous reports, the lesser chances of getting vehicle registration the next year.
13. Deny vehicle registration to frequent violators of smoke belching act.
14. Expand the scope of smoke emission testing centers.
15. Business establishment-based "on-call" service for taxi cabs.
These are just some of the benefits we can continually enjoy as citizens of Baguio which we can happily share to people from elsewhere.
(Graphics: Alex Milanes)
Sign Up for a Better Baguio! :) #SUMP #SustainableUrbanMobilityPlan #BetterBaguio #WorldClassBaguio #TheBaguioWeLove #Baguio
- Baguio City Hall
The City Government of Baguio led by Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan and the members of the City Council
Enact and implement an ordinance that would implement a Sustainable Urban Mobility Program.
Kurt Paul Bagayao started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,957 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Kurt Paul is counting on you
Kurt Paul Bagayao needs your help with “The City Government of Baguio led by Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan and the members of the City Council: Enact and implement an ordinance that would establish a Sustainable Urban Mobility Program.”. Join Kurt Paul and 1,956 supporters today.