Treat rape survivors fairly #voiceagainstrape
This petition had 527 supporters
Thanks to the reporting of infamous rape cases by the global media, the prevalence of rape in India has gained worldwide attention. However, merely being aware of its existence fails to deal with the problems at hand, especially considering the multitude of cases that are unreported and unnoticed. While preventing rape requires a paradigm shift in culture, there is a way to help make a difference now.
By simply signing the following petition you will be asking for the following:
- Faster processing by the Indian courts on all rape
- The legal recognition of marital rape as rape
- More just outcomes for survivors of rape
- Improved education of police so reports are followed up and documented in a timely and just manner, with all reports taken seriously
- Improved education of health care providers to offer better health care to survivors providing management on both the long term and short term
- Education within schools on women’s rights and gender equality
This poster is an adaptation of the following image: "the 2nd most famous face in Pushkar" by Shreyans Bhansali is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Today: Dhoom Medical Charity is counting on you
Dhoom Medical Charity needs your help with “the Chief Justice of India and the Health Ministers of each state: Treat rape survivors fairly #voiceagainstrape”. Join Dhoom Medical Charity and 526 supporters today.