As Canadian citizens, we do not support any such type of animal cruelty, and we are appalled that measures have not been taken by the federal and provincial governments to ensure that these animals are not killed using inhumane methods. We want the Federal Government of Canada and the Provincial Government of Newfoundland and Labrador to stop the animal cruelty occurring in Natuashish, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Prime Minister of Canada
The Honourable Stephen Harper
- Minister of Justice
The Honourable Rob Nicholson
- Member of parliament, Bonavista—Gander—Grand Falls—Windsor
- Member of Parliament, St. John's East
- Member of Parliament, Avalon
- Minister of the Environment
The Honourable Peter Kent
- Member of Parliament Calgary Southwest
- Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development
The Honourable Bernard Valcourt
- Member of Parliament, Random-Burin-St. George's
- Member of Parliament, St. John's South—Mount Pearl
- Member of Parliament, Humber—St. Barbe—Baie Verte
- Minister of Public Safety
The Honourable Vic Toews
- Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs
The Honourable Peter Penashue
- Leader, Conservative Party of Canada / Chef, Parti Conservateur du Canada
I am contacting you to express my disapproval of the current animal cruelty occurring in Natuashish, Newfoundland and Labrador. As a Canadian citizen, I do not support any such type of animal cruelty, and I am appalled that measures have not been taken by the federal government to ensure that these animals are not killed using inhumane methods. These animals should be treated with the respect they deserve, and in my opinion, an undeserved death by gunshot is not a display of respect towards these animals. Please respectfully show the Canadian people that you do not support animal cruelty by publicly opposing the events occurring in Natuashish and pressuring the government to take action.
I believe that it is your duty, as a Member of the Canadian Parliament and representative of the Canadian people, to show your support for these animals, and to set a standard for the humane treatment of animals by opposing the current events in Natuashish.
Harry Burton started this petition with a single signature, and won with 1,601 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.