We Want Public Transport In Thames This Year
This petition had 267 supporters
Thames township does not have a public transport service even although :-
- public transport is a core service which the Council should provide
- higher than average numbers of people in Thames have no car
- Thames is the "oldest" town in New Zealand. The average age is 51 and 27% of the population is over 65.
- there are economic benefits from public transport such as saving the cost of Council car parks, ($10,500 each) and more spending in the CBD
- Thames has very high levels of social deprivation
- Thames is spread out and parts are hilly making it hard for many to get around
Public transport will free many people from being trapped in their own homes and allow them to go shopping, visit friends and take a full part in society.
Today: Denis is counting on you
Denis TEGG needs your help with “Thames Coromandel District Council: We Want Public Transport In Thames This Year”. Join Denis and 266 supporters today.